General General Panda thoughts

Currently reading:
General General Panda thoughts

Yeah can't blame you for 'Hoofing' it through Aylesbury. Foot down no stopping I say.

By the way Vern and I both get a regular 52 MPG from our Terra's; up hill, down dale town and motorway. It almost gets tedious...........

In fact not wishing to stretch a point, BUT I haven't had a working fuel gauge for 6 months. Mileage is so predictable that I just calculate 80 miles to the £10's worth. My van cost £300 by the way and drags all my tools about.:slayer:

It could be worse - Green Street in Wycombe for example where you are best advised to wind up the windows & take the speed humps as quickly as possible!! (y)

I only managed to get £28 in the tank (I'm sure it was £40 last time I filled up, but it seems to be about £5 a litre cheaper suddenly - haven't put any fuel in a car since November!), and the range is over 400 miles. :)

Yours sounds a bargain - mine was just a different sort of bargain - wanted it for offroading, and it's an added bonus that I've been offered nearly twice what I paid this week......

You are so right about Hornchurch. I'm moving to God's waiting room.

Clacton where you don't have to queue cos the inhabitants might not have that long left.

A good UKIP town now with 'Douglas' in charge so I shall have to buy jack boots and a dodgy little tash just to fit in:)

I hear that you can't buy green bananas in Clacton ;)

You obviously haven't been here recently, the roads are shot and so crowded you can't get much speed up and then have to stop at the next set of bl00dy lights.

And to be honest the only good view of Hornchurch is the one in the rear view mirror :p

You can in a 4x4 Panda - I carved through the traffic very effectively today & annoyed a few idiots who can't follow the road markings. Being built for offroad work I even managed to cross that idiotic "shared road space" (by the station on the "ring road" where there are no markings & pedestrians amble around in front of 4 lanes of traffic?) without breaking the suspension on the bombed out cobbled bit where half the cobbles have gone & left a 2ft deep crater. You know the bit I mean...... :bang:

Traffic lights are bad enough, but all the zebra crossings 2 feet off the exit of each roundabout drive me mad. Clear, accelerate, pedestrian, bugger, stop!!

Panda thought of the day - hey I can get good mpg from a Panda!! In this case it's the scraggy red 1.2 mk3 4x4 with 112k on the clock.

30 mile trip evidence! I did get caught in a funeral cortège for a few miles which may have assisted slightly, but the rest was proper driving at "normal" speeds. I realise Most Easterly Pandas gets 81mpg but he had to buy a Pious to do it & I suspect that will lose slightly more in depreciation than I will on my £1500 4x4 :devil:

Meh, its the closest modern day thing that drives like a Panda Selecta :D

35% more fuel is a lot over 100/200k miles also - especially as I can drive like a loon and still get my MPG return :devil:

Meh, its the closest modern day thing that drives like a Panda Selecta :D

35% more fuel is a lot over 100/200k miles also - especially as I can drive like a loon and still get my MPG return :devil:

I respect your choice :dead:

Over 100000 miles you'd save £3578 (based on 50mpg and 80mpg, with fuel at 1.049ppl). I suspect you may lose that much in depreciation over 100000 miles, but who's counting. No, I'll settle for a bit of gentle appreciation I think. (y)

Anyway in the game of Top Trumps I just go offroad. :slayer:

P.S. You can buy a lot of Selecta's for the price of a Prius........... :devil:

Yeh I was only joking, I've read through loads of interesting threads regarding the Marbella.

I pick it up tomorrow and then I can start to clean it up a bit.
I'll start a new thread.

Panda Harlequin

$(KGrHqJ,!lQFJhgC-7ufBScr0(M8!g~~60_57.JPG

Back