Technical fuel filter and rear brakes

Currently reading:
Technical fuel filter and rear brakes

cyberfruits

2 Question regarding a fuel filter and rear brakes on a Fiat Ducato Motorhome 2006 2.3 diesel, regarding the fuel filter, does one buy the (1st picture) insert to fit into the housing like in the (2nd picture), does it just unscrew, are all the makes a standard size or does one have to buy the exact make like the housing?

2nd question, are the rear brakes drums or disks?

Thanks

Attachments

• filter insert.png
    filter insert.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 30
  • filter in ducato.jpg
    filter in ducato.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 15
Please see sticky at top of page re vehicle identification.
You have not stated whether your vehicle is an x244 or a later x250.

The attached link relates to the x250 series, but the filter disassembly also applies to late x244 models with the UFI filter, which includes my vehicle.

https://www.fiatforum.com/ducato/357165-x250-ufi-fuel-filter-service-part-i.html?p=3544661

When replacing the filter on my x244 earlier this year, I did not need to remove the LH headlamp. I did remove the air filter and housing for access. The nuts holding the air filter housing to the three anti vibration mountings, so managed to wriggle it out complete with mounting plate for further attention. Please note that I found the pictures of the quick disconnect fuel pipe connectors particularly usefull.

Thanks are due to Techno100 for his informative post.

WARNING. There are threads on this and other forums relating to UFI filters leaking after the element has been replaced. You need the special filter holding tool Laser 5843 or similar.

The rear brakes on my 2006, x244 2.8JTD are discs, with small drums for the handbrake. This gives the assembly a top hat appearance. With alloy wheels this may be visible through the spokes, but with steel rims look from underneath.

Last edited:
sorry did did read but forgot, it is an x244 with a ufi but it is a 2.3
thanks

Back