Technical Flashing Odometer.

Currently reading:
Technical Flashing Odometer.

Dobcrosser

My Odometer has suddenly started to flash in time with the digital clock above it. It still records miles but the flashing is irritating especially at night.
My car is a 2013 Panda 4x4 Twin Air.
Any help out there??

Cheers ----- Dobcrosser.

My Odometer has suddenly started to flash in time with the digital clock above it. It still records miles but the flashing is irritating especially at night.
My car is a 2013 Panda 4x4 Twin Air.
Any help out there??

Cheers ----- Dobcrosser.
Almost certainly Blue & Me unit (based on my experience same year same model as yours). Have a look here as well https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/new-battery-dead-not-charging.497511/#post-4661176

@Herts Hillhopper is very knowledgeable but I found that a realignment is not the fix you have to replace the Blue and Me module (under drivers seat in RHD). Unplug the failed module (at the module) otherwise you get a parasitic battery drain. OEM Fiat part is not cheap but the link talks about UK based repaired/remanufactured units. I eventually replaced mine with a used (normally dashboard unit) from an Alfa - it was plug and play.

Of course you may have a different issue but this is my experience rather than speculation!

take care, i was looking at a panda 4X4 which was doing that, i queried the video then sent me about the flashing odometer, Arnald clark then took it to the fiat dealer, apparently needed an ecu and other engine work, i suspect turbo and cat issues (Dealer said it would cost over £3000 engine work to sort, they would put it to auction, but didn't actually say what they had found ), car was then removed from sale, hopefully it's not that.

take care, i was looking at a panda 4X4 which was doing that, i queried the video then sent me about the flashing odometer, Arnald clark then took it to the fiat dealer, apparently needed an ecu and other engine work, i suspect turbo and cat issues (Dealer said it would cost over £3000 engine work to sort, they would put it to auction, but didn't actually say what they had found ), car was then removed from sale, hopefully it's not that.
Frankly that sounds like a lazy diagnosis - check whether the Blue & Me functions and then work from there. As far as I know the flashing ODO is the indicator for CanBus communication issues; I think turbo, cat etc issues will throw up engine management codes and lights.

B***ocks. If a used car for sale, those errors are all simply due to a flat battery.

Frankly that sounds like a lazy diagnosis
Correct

poorly trained staff
Poor quality staff
Wrong test equipment or no idea how to use it
- check whether the Blue & Me functions and then work from there. As far as I know the flashing ODO is the indicator for CanBus communication issues;
Correct something on the CANBUS can be nearly anything.

Trivial job for factory software Examiner

There are other software options

Thank you - I will avoid if poss.

Unplug Blue&Me module under drivers seat, 10 minute job, or else you will come out one cold morning to a completely flat battery.....Ask me how I know :cry:
Odo will continue to flash until "reboot" carried out by OBD port.

Back