General Odometer reading flashing!

Currently reading:
General Odometer reading flashing!

Howdenbiker

Today I went to make a phone call and noticed that it would not connect. I tried to reconnect but it seems several things had stopped including the voice command. At the same time I noticed that the odometer display started to flash and continues to do so when the ignition is on. Anyone know what this could be?

Today I went to make a phone call and noticed that it would not connect. I tried to reconnect but it seems several things had stopped including the voice command. At the same time I noticed that the odometer display started to flash and continues to do so when the ignition is on. Anyone know what this could be?
Failed Blue & Me module which is under the drivers seat in the RHD version. Search on here for various threads - unit can be repaired in the UK these days. Chances are it has failed "on" so provides a parasitic drain on the battery - flat battery in 2 - 3 days if car not used. To avoid this disconnect under the seat - not at the radio head unit.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

From what you've posted thus far, it's possible your Blue&Me module has failed.

This is quite a common fault. The failed Blue&Me unit often fails in a mode which continues to draw power; this will soon leave you with a flat battery. If this happens, you'll need to physically disconnect the cable attached to the module to stop the battery drain. A flattening battery would be further confirmation of the diagnosis.

New Blue&Me units aren't particularly cheap; other options are to purchase one from a breakers, or send yours off to one of the businesses offering a repair service - search the 'net to find one. If you don't need the functionality, you can just leave it disconnected.

Once it's disconnected, replaced or repaired, you'll likely then need to perform a proxi alignment using a suitable software tool (the licenced version of MES can do this) to stop the mileage flashing.

Edit: crossed with the previous post above

Once it's disconnected, replaced or repaired, you'll likely then need to perform a proxi alignment using a suitable software tool (the licenced version of MES can do this) to stop the mileage flashing.

Edit: crossed with the previous post above
My experience is that this is a myth, no proxi alignment required. I fitted a second hand Alfa module - it was plug and play. This has been confirmed by FiatWorkshop at Royston too.

Thanks both, I should have looked in the forum before askong the question!
I think I've found the unit under the drivers seat, does anyone have any hints on removing the cover and disconnecting and removing the unit?

Thanks,
Rob

Thanks both, I should have looked in the forum before askong the question!
I think I've found the unit under the drivers seat, does anyone have any hints on removing the cover and disconnecting and removing the unit?

Thanks,
Rob
Cover is held on by two plastic "plugs" that look like old school wooden clothes pegs when removed. Removal is by using a plastic trim tool behind and easing outwards (a small metal screwdriver will do the job if you don't mind "bruising" the plastic). The cover then comes off. From memory there are 4 10mm A/F bolts holding the module to a metal frame. Push the seat all the way back to get the front pair then I think I pulled the set forwards and got the second pair from the back seat. Electrical connection is what you might expect - multipin socket.

The same problem with Bravo 2007 was fixed by disconnecting the battery in 5 minutes.

Yes blue&me stopped working it did not connect to the phone and there were no voice commands with diagnostics the module was not found and the odometer was flashing. After checking for blown fuses, it started for a while after removing the fuse responsible for blue&me and after a few hours it stopped again. After I disconnected the battery for 5-10 minutes, it got better and since then it has been more than a month without a problem. I had read somewhere that this is done first so that blue&me can reset, if this does not help, then it is removed and taken for repair.

Revtronic came up trumps for me, although I did require the proxy realignment thereafter before the odometer would stop flashing. Good luck with it
Yeah, the proxy realignment thing seems to be a variable feast. CanBus architecture and function is not my thing, as mentioned my experience was that it wasn't required but this was for a second-hand Blue&Me unit so it would probably have an address written to the firmware whereas a new or repaired module perhaps behaves as a virgin unit and needs some coding? I am speculating now.

Yeah, the proxy realignment thing seems to be a variable feast. CanBus architecture and function is not my thing, as mentioned my experience was that it wasn't required but this was for a second-hand Blue&Me unit so it would probably have an address written to the firmware whereas a new or repaired module perhaps behaves as a virgin unit and needs some coding? I am speculating now.
I think that your speculation is probably correct ( but I'll readily bow to the expertise of others if I'm wrong 🙂).

Back