Technical Fiat panda 169 Odb advice

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat panda 169 Odb advice

Hello dear friends. I agree with you from Türkiye/Istanbul.
Unfortunately, there are very few pandas in my country. And they are not very popular. That's why I'm having a hard time finding a master or knowledge. I do most of the repairs and maintenance myself.

I have an idle problem these days. There is probably a contact failure somewhere in the electrical wiring.

I bought an elm327 Odb device. However, I could not introduce the fiat panda vehicle.

I will be able to reach fiat panda on computer or phone. Can you recommend a good software or device?

I am willing to pay a good price for a quality product.

I use

Screenshot_20230903_211740.jpg

Free

And how I set it up
Screenshot_20230903_211828.jpg

Screenshot_20230903_211917.jpg

Working on an Android and a 1.2 2011

IPhone don't work with most generic obd2 dongles

Phone + Bluetooth obd2
Can be a pain

If your phone is already paired to something else it will not work

If something else is already paired to the obd2 it will not work, fallen for this one when a I second phone in my pocket and wasted 10 minuites of my life

If you accidently pick the wrong Bluetooth devices in the scanner software you have to delete the paired device from system settings

Half the software on Google place does not work

Here's what mine looks like

Screenshot_20230904-131214.jpg

Screenshot_20230904-131044.jpg
Screenshot_20230904-131102.jpg

Screenshot_20230904-131117.jpg

I think there is a problem with my odb device. I am using v1.5 version replica device. They connect via bluetooth but not connect to the car. I've tried dozens of programs. Cannot connect to ecu.

I went to the service last week. The service is very difficult to connect.

I will try and buy different odb devices.

@koalar yes I paid attention to this issue. But I didn't get any results.​

You need to look for an inteface labeled as "modified for FIAT" . Many of the loow cost interfaces have a design flaw. The have a temination resistor (120R SMT ) in them that stops them working on some cars.
If you have a windows laptop I strongly recommend Multiecuscan (MES) www.multiecuscan.com Depending on the exact ECU fitted to your car you can actually do a lot with the "free" trial version. Only download or buy it from he offical website, Gendan of official distributor (Turkey is http://www.sahinototest.com/)
You need a "green" adaptor for some functions.

Robert.

I’ve a MacBook Air M1 running a windows 11 evaluation copy via parallels and can confirm that you can download and use the latest MES (free trial version) using this method rather than buying an old windows laptop if you’re running Apple stuff.

However I’ve not connected the laptop to the car yet but intend to buy this bundle.

Amazon product ASIN B07D1KH9SC
I bought the creader 3001 model because I didn't know what to do. I don't know if it will work or not. 10000 positive comments caught my attention. There is an expression for the resistance change you mentioned. It says: Useful if you can connect to the ECU but cannot perform operations. Not being able to connect to the ECU does not change the result.

I have Windows computers of all ages. I also have an m1 device.

I will test the multiecuscan program with the same obd device I have.

I wish there was a device where we could directly say that this brand and model product works without any problems.

I bought the creader 3001 model because I didn't know what to do. I don't know if it will work or not. 10000 positive comments caught my attention. There is an expression for the resistance change you mentioned. It says: Useful if you can connect to the ECU but cannot perform operations. Not being able to connect to the ECU does not change the result.

I wish there was a device where we could directly say that this brand and model product works without any problems.

This below might be better for you, I found a link yesterday where they (Gendan) were selling it for about £140

It known to work on the panda fine

Just plug and play

About as cheap as you can go with data logging

And at least it has working long and short fuel trims

You can only access the engine module though

For speed and, ease of use, constant graphing and works on most cars, its hard to beat

The Creader device was the closest device to connect. But it failed. He turned some of the car's lights and indicator lights on and off. It wouldn't connect, it tried and eventually failed.
I think there is something wrong with my car.

If the ODB fuse had been cut off. Does energy come to ODB?

Is there anywhere I can look
How many volts should go where?

Right that reader is known to work
Test the reader in a different car, it's possible you have a faulty one

It's getting power and ground as its powering on

You can not check the data pin properly with a multimeter, it's a pulsed signal

Do a visual check of the data pin 7

I suspect the 3rd party LPG electronics will be the problem unless someone as spread the contacts of pin 7

Both odb devices I purchased work in another car. There is no problem. both elm327 and creader 3001

It worked smoothly in our Renault clio 2011 model vehicle.

If I can find another fiat panda I will try these devices.

I looked at my needles. It has no problems, it is in immaculate condition.

Unfortunately I still don't understand.

Attachments

• IMG_20230914_200433.jpg
    IMG_20230914_200433.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20230914_200449.jpg
    IMG_20230914_200449.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20230914_194627.jpg
    IMG_20230914_194627.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20230914_194307.jpg
    IMG_20230914_194307.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
Thanks for the photos

Pin 7 looks fine

The 3001 works fine on other cars

The 3001 is known to work on the Panda

But not yours

I suspect the LPG conversion is piggybacked of the OBD port and is interrupting the comunication

Is possible to temporarily pull the fuse for the LPG

Thanks for the photos

Pin 7 looks fine

The 3001 works fine on other cars

The 3001 is known to work on the Panda

But not yours

I suspect the LPG conversion is piggybacked of the OBD port and is interrupting the comunication

Is possible to temporarily pull the fuse for the LPG
yes I forgot to mention this.
I removed the fuse of the LPG computer. I tested it without the fuse installed.

I can't think of anything right now.

Running out of ideas

One last thing you could try is changing the connection type from auto to manual

On auto it cycle through and it possible to get hung up and eventually time out

In this free software on Google play

Screenshot_20230918_095739.jpg

You can change the connection types

Make sure it's disconnect which yours should be as it can connect

Screenshot_20230918_095905.jpg

And go into the settings

Screenshot_20230918_100124.jpg

Scroll up and click on advance settings

Screenshot_20230918_100025.jpg

Change it from auto to 14230-4 KWP and uncheck the box to try other protocols

This will force it to only try pin 7 and KWP fast to the ECU