Technical Fiat panda 169 Left low beam problems- body computer

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat panda 169 Left low beam problems- body computer

Hello everyone, not a day goes by without my beloved panda malfunctioning.

Today the left low beam stopped working.

I figured the problem wasn't there because I had edited the front electrical wiring before.

Cable, fuse, body computer sockets.
Then I disassembled the body computer. hoping to find something.

One of the relays burned out. I didn't want to test it by applying voltage on the motherboard. I don't have any information yet about its durability. I don't know if this relay has anything to do with the low beams.

I will replace the relay in the coming days.

Does anyone have a different comment about the low beam not working?

Attachments

• IMG_20240217_202021.jpg
    IMG_20240217_202021.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20240217_202034.jpg
    IMG_20240217_202034.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20240217_202048.jpg
    IMG_20240217_202048.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20240217_202055.jpg
    IMG_20240217_202055.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20240217_202131.jpg
    IMG_20240217_202131.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20240217_202139.jpg
    IMG_20240217_202139.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20240217_202151.jpg
    IMG_20240217_202151.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 28
IMG_20240217_185000.jpg

Would be my first port of call

Please don"t mess with the wiring

It's pretty expensive here in the UK to get a secondhand BSI cloned

And even more expensive if the old one does not fire up and has to be programed from scratch

Looks like power has been applied to the wrong wire

Or over 30A went through it in my opinion its what happened

It's hard to tell the centre is the control part, and the left is the heavier switched side, left looks worse but it subjective

There's no point in changing it until the fault that caused it is fixed.

Last edited:
Bulb checked?
offcourse I did a current test on both the regulated power supply. I also tried it with a new bulb.
Thats got to be the first point of call. Although atakan 123 123 does seem clued up when it comes to the cars electrical system, so hopefully he's already checked that. But we've all done it. not checking the simplest thing first.
Of course there is a saying in my country.
"He who knows a lot makes a lot of mistakes."
Maybe it could be a universal saying :)
I make mistakes like this often.

Would be my first port of call

Please don"t mess with the wiring

This is the first time I found a fault very quickly.

I tested this relay along with all other relays. Conduction values and ohm values are equivalent to a healthy relay.

So, even though it looks visually problematic, the relay is working.

I will order a relay for this and replace it in the coming days.

Since the computer does not have a circuit diagram, I do not know which relay controls what.

Troubleshooting becomes difficult because I don't know anything about it. First of all, I need to find the circuit diagram of the computer.

I have a thesis.

My left driver's window has an automatic closing feature. Is this a standard feature? I don't know if other pandas have it too?
Even if I press the button once, it continues to turn it off or on automatically.

Driver electric window

However, I think that the automatic window closing module draws excessive current for about 1 second every time it opens and closes. When it starts to draw too much current, it realizes that the window is closed and cuts off the electricity. (This is the working logic)

I saw a shunt resistor on the motherboard. This is the current measuring element. (close to relay)
Every time I get in the car, I open and close the windows 5-10 times. I can say that I use a lot of glass.

It's probably the window relay.

Now let's get to the problem.

I checked the connector and it doesn't look too bad. It looked a bit worn, like many high current draw connectors.

It appears in the video.

I will buy a new connector and install it. Connector prices average $2-3.

without opening a new topic.

My emergency fuel cut off button is not responding:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Connector (1).jpg
    Connector (1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • Connector (2).jpg
    Connector (2).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
  • Connector (3).jpg
    Connector (3).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
  • Connector problem video.mp4
    98.4 MB
  • Fuel cut off button.mp4
    49.2 MB
My left driver's window has an automatic closing feature. Is this a standard feature? I don't know if other pandas have it too?
Even if I press the button once, it continues to turn it off or on automatically.

Driver electric window

However, I think that the automatic window closing module draws excessive current for about 1 second every time it opens and closes. When it starts to draw too much current, it realizes that the window is closed and cuts off the electricity. (This is the working logic)

Yes, the driver's window is automatic 'one touch' for raise and lower. The passenger window only responds as long as the switch is held.

And I agree with the excess current explanation - my car was struggling to respond to this electrical load and stalling at idle (separate thread). This feature would also detect an obstruction (like a hand or head!) and shut off power to the window.

I haven't found the connector yet.

Available in Germany. Prices start from around €25. + customs + shipping. It will cost about €40 to reach me.

This price for a connector is never worth it.

Left and right headlight fuses are separate.
I decided to get the energy directly from the fuse with a line taking device from the fuse.

This is the best solution I can think of for now.

Thanks to the better contact area, darkening and power loss problems do not occur. I think it will be healthier than the original system.

I'm open to ideas.

Attachments

• 51bRDdrK7bL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    51bRDdrK7bL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 16
I haven't found the connector yet.

Available in Germany. Prices start from around €25. + customs + shipping. It will cost about €40 to reach me.

This price for a connector is never worth it.

Left and right headlight fuses are separate.
I decided to get the energy directly from the fuse with a line taking device from the fuse.

This is the best solution I can think of for now.

Thanks to the better contact area, darkening and power loss problems do not occur. I think it will be healthier than the original system.

I'm open to ideas.

Hi, so what was the fault causing no headlight?
Just connector?
Best wishes
Jack

Hi, so what was the fault causing no headlight?
Just connector?
Best wishes
Jack

Hello yes. Lack of contact due to melting of connectors.

The left and right headlights are side by side in the connector. Only my left headlight wasn't working. However, the right headlight may not work after a short time.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing on the other farada.

Transactions I took;

1) I cut the problematic cable.
2) I combined it with the song "Fuse Tap".
3) I enabled it to receive energy from the left dipped beam fuse. Energy flows directly from the fuse, not from the socket.

Insurance protected.

There's only one thing I need to pay attention to, it occurred to me.

The fuse remover must be installed in the correct direction. Otherwise, if you encounter a leg that is constantly receiving energy, the fuse cannot provide protection. I hadn't thought of that.

I'll check this tonight too.

There are no problems for now.

There is something I am not aware of. This situation scared me quite a bit. First of all, I just noticed the "track home" function. It hadn't caught my attention before.

Question ;

Even if the parking lights and dipped beam headlights are on, they turn off automatically when the ignition is turned off.

But if I turn the Light switches back on even though the Ignition is off. Parking lights come on.

Is this normal?
I didn't notice until now. I don't remember it that way.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 18
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    654.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    661.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    256.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 22
" Even if the parking lights and dipped beam headlights are on, they turn off automatically when the ignition is turned off.

But if I turn the Light switches back on even though the Ignition is off. Parking lights come on.

Is this normal?"

Yes

Well know problem
Well known solution

Screenshot_20240220_080258.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_080406.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_080342.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_080235.jpg

It's only two wires to repair
The connector and crimps are £10

21vZ885lTPL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

people are profiteering selling a kit at in inflated price because it's a common problem you don't need 71745167 kit at £40-50

Just change the two fuses as well

To be honest I wouldn't change the grey block and just put two new crimps on for a couple of quid

I can't explain how scared I was. thanks a lot :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It didn't help much as I couldn't find the connector in any way.

But thank you. :)
If its a known problem then there is likely to be a repair part you can buy from the fiat dealer. That being said these cars are pretty old now and it maybe there is no longer any stock. This was the case with the Punto Airbag issue. They made a repair cable which was about £7-8 to buy but after I made a video about it on my youtube channel, they quickly sold out of stock and they never restocked. People were buying them up and selling them on Ebay for a massive inflated cost

Posed the fiat part number above already for the repair kit and lower rated fuses

But I would just buy the crimps from

Mouser
CPC
Digikey
RS
Farnell

And many more

Around 20p each plus postage

There is a company in Singapore that ships World wide with quick cheap postage

It's name eludes me at the moment

Came back to me eventually

I got the country wrong as well

Not such a great range as the others but the postage and prices are very competitive

I tend to order in baulk so haven't used them much, but so far everything has arrived and been genuine parts and worked

I installed a faulty fuse. Figuring out which side of the fuse table has constant energy.

The side visible in the photo is fixed to constant energy.

In this case, the attachment I bought with "Fuse tap" is from the right place.

I'm a little confused. What would happen if I wore it wrong?

I haven't tried it, but logically it shouldn't work.

Because it takes the energy from only one leg and transfers it through the fuse.

Attachments

• IMG_20240220_215553.jpg
    IMG_20240220_215553.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20240220_215546.jpg
    IMG_20240220_215546.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
If you fit the "fuse tap" back to front the tap wire would not be fuse protected.

To check fit fuse tap without fuse - the tap wire should not have power.
Fit fuse now the tap wire should have power.

Please just fix it properly

Or get an auto electrician to crimp a new terminal on, it's only a 30 minuite according to Fiat reality much less

If you want the lights to switch on with the body computer via the stalk

Each side is only good for 7.5 amps

You don't want to piggy back of the other side unless you install a relay and seperate power

If you fit the "fuse tap" back to front the tap wire would not be fuse protected.

To check fit fuse tap without fuse - the tap wire should not have power.
Fit fuse now the tap wire should have power.
I have very limited knowledge where the electrics are concerned apart from the engine, but I would guess if the fuse markings are the right way up i.e. 10 rather than 01 the fuse is the right way round.

I have very limited knowledge where the electrics are concerned apart from the engine, but I would guess if the fuse markings are the right way up i.e. 10 rather than 01 the fuse is the right way round.
Hi,
The fuse taps are made to fit any fuse box so which way the number on the fuse reads is of no help.
J

Back