Technical Fiat 500 stop/start light, engine light and triangle warning light when hitting 80mph

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 stop/start light, engine light and triangle warning light when hitting 80mph

Cerys Hewson

Hi everyone, I collected my 65 plate Fiat 500 1.2l on Saturday. The next day I had my first issue.

While driving on the motorway, I had sped up to overtake and get back into the left lane, as soon as I hit 80mph my car started to shake, the stop/start unavailable light, engine light and triangle warning light all came on. I kept my foot on the accelerator but the speed started to rapidly drop. As if it was going into limp mode. I had to pull over on the hard shoulder as I had no speed it was dangerous.

It happened again this morning. It’s due to go back to the Fiat garage next week to solve the issue but I wanted to know if anyone has a clue what is causing this??

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    1.4 MB
Hi everyone, I collected my 65 plate Fiat 500 1.2l on Saturday. The next day I had my first issue.

While driving on the motorway, I had sped up to overtake and get back into the left lane, as soon as I hit 80mph

As if it was going into limp mode. I had to pull over on the hard shoulder as I had no speed it was dangerous.

It happened again this morning. It’s due to go back to the Fiat garage next week to solve the issue but I wanted to know if anyone has a clue what is causing this??

Hi :)

The car sensing an error in its CamBelt timing might be favourite

Hopefully they will figure it out quickly and restore your faith

Yes..

I will try and link to a recent thread..

Is this a FIAT dealership..?? At least they should have the correct kit

DO NOT PAY FOR THE FIX.. it has been sold in a faulty condition (n)
It’s the Snows Fiat garage so yes!

And no the car was already expensive enough! I have warranty as I only bought it a few days ago so I shouldn’t have to pay.

Covers most options..and their fix :cool:

Any questions..or your update..

Let us know (y)

Charlie

An update for my car!
They said they fixed the issue and the same day I was driving it home the exact issue happened again! As you can imagine I wasn’t happy. I dropped it off for the 2nd time on Tuesday 4th April, and only just collected yesterday on Friday 5th May. They replaced the ht leads I believe? And said it’s had a lot of motorway driving and no issues occurred.
I drove the car to work this morning as normal it was completely fine, and then out of no where the lights came on again! But this time no limp mode or shaking so I didn’t have to pull over.

What do I do now!! I can’t keep taking the car back, am I under warranty for them to replace the car?

Hi Cerys
Thats disappointing isnt it :(

2 ways of looking at this..

They have made a simple fix..and given it a good test

BUT

they have kept a car for a whole month and it still isnt fixed

Recap with us what sort of Seller..
How its set up financially

You have rights.. but a lot depends on the above

Tell us more :)
Charlie

Back