Technical Start stop and triangle light flares and then dash light fuse pops - why?

Currently reading:
Technical Start stop and triangle light flares and then dash light fuse pops - why?

Hapar80

Every time I start the car, stop and start light and the triangle warning lights up. Next time I start the car, all dash lights disappear and the fuse for that pops.

Anyone know what the problem is?
A new battery has been installed and this doesn’t show in the car logs.

Anyone else had this issue?
Many thanks
Fiat 500, Turbo Air 2011

Start and stop unavailable, S&S light and triangle light up, they stay lit until next time I start the car and then all dash lights go off. No speedometer, no dash lights/warnings etc.

I checked the hatch wiring and it is a complete mess. Several wires exposed and touching each other, one thicker black one completely split in half.
I have ordered a hatch wire replacement but did isolate each lead with tape and tried again. No issues and no fuses popping. Back door still doesn't' open manually, only with electronic key but I am assuming this is due to faulty part, not wires...

Can one change the hatch wires themselves or is this better left for pros?

Many thanks guys!

If your competent with a soldering iron have space and time + patience then you can splice the repair kit into the loom yourself !. (y)
The key is work methodically and DONT rush it!- have some heat shrink tubing ready along with GOOD QUALITY insulating tape! dont forget to slip the heat shrink over the wire BEFORE you solder it in!.:p
I did not heat shrink ALL the wires as i thought it could make them inflexible so did every other one so to speak.
I found it a good idea to write myself a check list of all the wire colours so i could tick off as i went along!.(y)
This time of year if you DONT have a garage or warm /dry space to work in then plan carefully and dont spent to long outside working or your likely to make a mistake! take a break every hour minimum!.:unsure:
I made sure that the plastic pipe that feeds the rear washer was routed outside the new spiced in loom for convenience and to make the loom a (little) more flexible!, also keeping any potential water leaks away from the wiring!(y) hope this helps.

If your competent with a soldering iron have space and time + patience then you can splice the repair kit into the loom yourself !. (y)
The key is work methodically and DONT rush it!- have some heat shrink tubing ready along with GOOD QUALITY insulating tape! dont forget to slip the heat shrink over the wire BEFORE you solder it in!.:p
I did not heat shrink ALL the wires as i thought it could make them inflexible so did every other one so to speak.
I found it a good idea to write myself a check list of all the wire colours so i could tick off as i went along!.(y)
This time of year if you DONT have a garage or warm /dry space to work in then plan carefully and dont spent to long outside working or your likely to make a mistake! take a break every hour minimum!.:unsure:
I made sure that the plastic pipe that feeds the rear washer was routed outside the new spiced in loom for convenience and to make the loom a (little) more flexible!, also keeping any potential water leaks away from the wiring!(y) hope this helps.
I would love to be competent but I will probably fail this one...I can't find a detailed enough video for me online. Will take it to a garage. Thank you for your amazing response!

Back