Technical Euro6 1.2 Throttle Response, Hill Start Issues & Watchdog report

Currently reading:
Technical Euro6 1.2 Throttle Response, Hill Start Issues & Watchdog report

re: Euro6 1.2 Throttle Response & Hill Start Issues

That would be correct. There is a belief that the issue is due to changes which may or may not have been made to the engine to comply with Euro 6 emissions regulations. I am simply keeping an open mind as to whether changes were made in the first place, whether they are to do with euro 6 emissions standards and whether it could be a bad batch of components, poor assembly or something else which we might not be aware of at this stage.

Thanks David Bliss, I was due to put down a deposit on a new 1.2 Panda Easy today, I'll wait for the time being. I have the 1.1 Active engine in a 2010 at the moment, but would like a new car.

Your concern is understandable. IMO there have been enough independent posts on this issue in both the 500 and Panda sections to justify a prospective purchaser seeking further reassurance before committing to a purchase.

We simply don't have any hard evidence one way or the other to say what (if anything) is going on here. I'd suggest anyone about to take delivery of a new 1.2 takes the car for an acceptance test drive to satisfy themselves they're happy with it before agreeing to the handover.

Contributions from anyone with an inside track on this would be particularly welcome.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Oga

I agree that the concern is understandable, not quite sure why someone who I've never had any dealings with chose to be so hostile towards me.

I've merely kept an ole mind as to what's wrong with these cars and suddenly I'm the devil and David Bliss is Jesus come back to earth again.

If this all turns out to be some sort of euro 6 thing then I'll hold my hand up and say I was wrong, but till then.....

I've merely kept an ole mind as to what's wrong with these cars..

If this all turns out to be some sort of euro 6 thing then I'll hold my hand up and say I was wrong, but till then.....

It's not about being right or wrong, it's about keeping an open mind and having sympathy for folks who've shelled out more than ten grand & got a car that isn't performing in the way they expected.

Rubbishing the idea that it might in some way be connected with Euro 6 compliance is not, IMO, keeping an open mind. There's a lot more to compliance than a set of headline numbers in a table.

Last edited:

The problem is/ was that it was already decided that Euro 6 compliance seems to have already been decided to be the issue by some and I don't think this is helpful.

The problem is/ was that it was already decided that Euro 6 compliance seems to have already been decided to be the issue by some and I don't think this is helpful.

They're likely only quoting what their dealer has told them, which may be relevant or may just be a red herring.

I think it would be more helpful to focus on what's different about the cars with this issue, rather than why.

Exactly, the point I've been trying to make is that if it was a different map then all of the cars would be like this, considering how many 1.2's go out of dealerships every day we'd be having even more people posting on the forum about this issue.

We both know how bad dealers can be at times......

New 500S Throttle Responce

Problem is everyone drives differently,
And let's not forget about 50%
Of the owners of new 500's will 17year old girls who have never owned a car before, so can't compare it to anything else and won't complain,
IMO we need cable throttles back so they can stop messing with throttle maps,

New 500S Throttle Responce

But seriously bear with me,
Has anyone actually looked in the handbook under driving?
Not being funny but all this maybe explained, or at least a guide,
Bet it has a section with "driving your euro6" or something like that?
Just a thought. . .
I had a DPF driving section in mine explaining what to do and when.

Last edited:
But seriously bear with me,
Has anyone actually looked in the handbook under driving?
Not being funny but all this maybe explained, or at least a guide,
Bet it has a section with "driving your euro6" or something like that?
Just a thought. . .
I had a DPF driving section in mine explaining what to do and when,

No car would ever be designed to do this? Instant lawsuit if someone got killed liked this....

Our 63 reg 500s is ok if that helps.

That is good input :D
Think it's just the euro6'
Heard of a women who test drove a 500 petrol, but it was euro5,
Totally loved it ordered one and it came euro6 and is devastated because it a totally different drive,
"Wouldn't of bought it".

• Thanks
Reactions: Oga

The Euro 6 TA is 80 PS vs. 85 PS for the Euro 5. There must be some lower power settings for the lower emissions.
According to the latest manual, CO2's down to 88.

Last edited:
The Euro 6 TA is 80 PS vs. 85 PS for the Euro 5. There must be some lower power settings for the lower emissions.
We're not talking about the twinair, let's not confuse an already murky subject.....

We're not talking about the twinair, let's not confuse an already murky subject.....

Although we're not talking about the TA, this could be hard evidence of a clear difference between Euro 5 & Euro 6 versions of an otherwise identical petrol car. I'd say this could be relevant.

Last edited:

Link? Only 80bhp twinair I can find is a cng one?

That is good input :D
Think it's just the euro6'
Heard of a women who test drove a 500 petrol, but it was euro5,
Totally loved it ordered one and it came euro6 and is devastated because it a totally different drive,
"Wouldn't of bought it".

Guess ours isn't euro 6 then. Registered Sept 2013.

Back