Technical Blue&Me or Sony BT Radio

Currently reading:
Technical Blue&Me or Sony BT Radio

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

rowladar

Hi,
I just bought my son a 2009 Grande Punto - vast improvement on his Corsa. We have a Sony MEX 5100BT radio that has Aux/USB inputs, and he was very happy with it in his previous car as he could play his iphone through the radio etc.
Now the GP comes with Blue&me... which is a bit archaic by today's standards but it wortks - to some extent. I've followed a mod on here to update the software, and have spliced in an aux jack socket now safely positioned on the side of the centre console. the only problem is that it is a bit flaky to use and the sound when playing from the aux port isn't as clear as when playing stereo/CD output.

So my questions are:
1. Should I remove the standard radio and fit the Sony?
2. if I do and I buy the correct ISO connectors etc. will I get full functionality on the steering column controls?
3. The Sony comes with an external mike that I would have to mount in the car... could it also work with the mike that is already built into the car for the original radio - if so, how?
4. There's a kit on one of the car auto company sites called "Connects2 CTKFT01 - Fiat Grande Punto 2005-2010 Car Stereo Fitting Kit" - would this give me everything I need.
5. What do I lose, if anything, by removing the Blue&me kit?

Thanks in advance, this is my first post so hope it's ok!!!?

D.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back