General Blue and Me - Will it work with Samsung

Currently reading:
General Blue and Me - Will it work with Samsung

Hey guys just updated my blue and me on my GP 1.4 tjet 2009 following AndyRKett youtube video (thanks). I am now able to use my phone for calls / read out texts. The thing I cannot do is play spotify or youtube via my car. Is this even something you can do on my car 2009 model? My phone being a Samsung galaxy S7 edge? If i plug a usb stick with mp3 song files on it, that plays fine, but I was hoping to be able to use my phone.

Thanks any help would be great.

Its not a smart system, only way to play music through it is to patch into the blue and me line and splice in an aux cord.

You need to remember the system was developed around 2007-2008
Spotify and other such apps
Had pretty much no use back in then I'd they even did exist

Sorry but this is completely wrong. My 2006 car has blue and me and streaming services for music existed long before then. Look up Napster.

Sorry but this is completely wrong. My 2006 car has blue and me and streaming services for music existed long before then. Look up Napster.
Napster was also full of llegal unlisneced content hence why it was closed down
And how many people were streaming music to there phone in 2006?
How many people even had a smart phone in 2006? I'm sure lots didn't

Napster was also full of llegal unlisneced content hence why it was closed down
And how many people were streaming music to there phone in 2006?
How many people even had a smart phone in 2006? I'm sure lots didn't

It's not the only one, I just mentioned the most popular. 2006 wasn't that long ago, bluetooth connections from phones to cars weren't uncommmon. You're forgetting that if the music is stored on your phone you can still 'stream' it via bluetooth to a car.

This is getting away from the point of the original post. To stream music through the Punto you will need the radio adaptor, a blank USB drive and optionally a USB to aux port adapter.

Great arguments... I can stream music on my car however.... on blue and me. Via a usb cable.

And honestly the iPhone didn’t even exist in 2006, neither did android and Spotify was only just founded and didn’t start streaming music till about 2009. Also “Napster” was not a proper streaming service and no one used it let alone a major manufacturer supporting it, there were no “apps” back then anyway.

The other thing I forgot to point out is that the original blue and me software was designed to work with windows mobile, which only ran on pocket PC type phones all of which were terrible and non of them streamed music, also back then memory cards where only capable of storing about 256mb of storage, so maybe 80 - 100 songs max and at that time no phone was capable of download speeds that would allow streaming.

The other thing I forgot to point out is that the original blue and me software was designed to work with windows mobile, which only ran on pocket PC type phones all of which were terrible and non of them streamed music, also back then memory cards where only capable of storing about 256mb of storage, so maybe 80 - 100 songs max and at that time no phone was capable of download speeds that would allow streaming.

Just imagine packing a few hundreds (thousands ?) audio-cassettes into a tiny micro SD card ...

The best solution IMO if you want to listen your favourite music from your phone, be it streamed or stored, is to BT connect it to an FM transmitter pluged-in the cigarette lighter. You can get that device for a few £ near our friend Ali ...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Back