Technical Tjet 1.4 gearbox oil changing

Currently reading:
Technical Tjet 1.4 gearbox oil changing

Tjet1992

Hello guys, I'm new here looking for some help. I recently bought a Tjet 1.4 as my first car and love this car for what it is but my gearbox with the cold weather starter to feel weird with the gears and a inconsistent feeling when I change the gears, like sometimes I dont know if the gear entered correctly. It started to feel strong but depends of the temperature, speed, etc.

I didn't had any problem with the gearbox before and I'm very gentle using it so I think the oil is just old and it's viscosity changed so much on the fall/winter.

My question is about how to change it by my self because as I know, this gearbox is different thant other models of the Grande Punto. I saw this video:

On that video is the 6 gears model but on the 5 gears it have a similar system (like just go underneath and drain with the two bolts without disassembly anything else than the cover) or is different? I feel confident to do it by myself but I didn't watch underneath yet and I will have the tools only for one day.

Also I saw this manual but I don't know if is legit: https://4cardata.info/elearn/199/2/199000000/199000005/199000004/199002323

Thanks guys

As long as it has oil in the gearbox I can't see viscosity change due to temp. being a likely cause of the problem you are experiencing.
As you say this is your first car, do you have a friend who has more driving knowledge who can advise you?

As long as it has oil in the gearbox I can't see viscosity change due to temp. being a likely cause of the problem you are experiencing.
As you say this is your first car, do you have a friend who has more driving knowledge who can advise you?
Everybody that tried the car feel the same as me but doesn't feel like a damaged gear, is just inconsistent. But for the cost of the oil I really don't care doing the changing, I have some mechanic knowledge but just need some advice about the draining of this unit, if the draining and filling is the same than the 6 gears models but just different gearboxes, would be nice.

Es más o menos lo mismo, tal vez incluso exactamente lo mismo. Tenga cuidado al rellenar aceite para llegar al nivel correcto. Si conoces los puntos principales como parece, irás descubriendo el resto mientras lo haces, no te preocupes.
Many thanks! I'll try to take pictures and leave some feedback here after get the work done!

Back