Anyone see The One Show tonight?

Currently reading:
Anyone see The One Show tonight?

looking left and right is adequate, if you cant do that then you'll need a lot more than speedbumps to get you through life.

in the last 12 months i have changed my job and my route to work because of this. I now drive over at least 15-20 humps a day now.

In the last 12 months I have had my under tray ripped off countless times to be just left hanging on in there, had snapped suspension, tracking done countless times, busted drop links, and a steering problem. Coinsidence?

Now the none driving fraternity tell me to slow down more. Some of these I have to crawl over as the stilo (standard) scrubs them. I slow down for them all, i hold traffic up, i wreck my car, what else do they want?

If your going to make a speed hump, make it the full width of the road, not just piddly squares in the middle. At least that way cars can get over them with less risk of damage.

On a road near us they put in speed humps without putting up signs or painting them or indicating them at all. The first one was lovely at 30 mile an hour unseen at night in the dark as its black tarmac on a black road full of roadwork patches. Blood car jumped out of gear and starskey and hutched it

in my car im careful over speed bumps ;)

in the pool car or the courtesy cars i rag them over speed bumps :D

i used to take my other car a lot faster over speed bumps as well because it was high of the ground, but go to fast even in my stilo and i here the occasional scrape, hence sometimes the 1st speed crawling - especialy at work (n)

Think I must be the only person to have had my car fixed by a traffic calming device, my old cars steering used to be out of centre and scrubbing a tire off then i hit an unmarked width restriction in the dead of night, at 30 mph, it was a full kerb height one, screeched to a halt and got out expecting mega damage, nothing, also both the above problems sorted themselves at that time :slayer:

in the mrs car (saxo chav rocket) i can take the same speed bumps without slowing down as its high enough and the track is narrower so you hit more of the bump giving less height.

same road has other traffic calming stuff on it.

Apart from speed humps other things that get on my goat are changes to traffic light sequences that make traffic heavier so the council can say 'more traffic jams, congestion charge needed' which is utter nonsense

I read that speed bumps/humps wouldn't be used any more (in London) due to the fact that people slow down for them then speed up again - this is found to increase the amount of emissions from vehicle's and why some councils are not putting more in and removing others.

Some London councils also attribute road humps/poor road conditions as to why some people own 4x4's as well. True as you don't see V8 Toyota Amazons or Range rovers with any undertrays hanging off do you ?

Last edited:
Back