Technical 51 reg 1.2 punto door pin needed please

Currently reading:
Technical 51 reg 1.2 punto door pin needed please

worthing

Any idea where I can get one for the top hinge & how much?
Looks like mine has snapped - is this a normal problem - door mirror was bashed recently so could be to do with that?
Ta

Mine went this week! the pin didnt look replaceable, not sure if you have to get a new hinge? I needed to get back to uni so welded the top cone part back onto the hinge and it sits fine! Il attatch a pic, its before i welded it but you can get the idea! I didnt know it was a common problem!

Hope you can get it soted!

Attachments

• IMG_2073.JPG
    IMG_2073.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
Not sure if that's the same problem?
Mine is the the top hinge on the drivers side - there is a vertical brass coloured pin that goes through the two halves of the hinge that has snapped in my case

post up a picture
ive had to weld a few back onto the door frame
basically they are very heavy doors
fortunately they are fairly easy to weld back in the right place if you take off the door

Nothing needs welding, the pin that goes through the top door hinge has snapped- just need to buy a new one - from where though?

Knock the broken bits out with a pin punch, measure it and get a suitable bolt or roll pin replacement from a fasteners factors. Do both as the other one wont be much better condition.

That bit is the pin! Its not just a pin, the door sits on that cone part, i thought it was going to be a simple job, just replace the pin for a bolt or somthing but its a wierd shape. Its threaded in the top of that cone and a 10mm bolt screws in from the bottom in your case, mine was the bottom hinge but its same just upside down.

Pic attached- it's the pin that goes down through the assembly that's broken - sure I can't buy this on it's own?
SAM_0672.jpg
[/IMG]

go to a scrappy
take a scrap door off that they cant sell
and knock some bells out of the pin
if it comes out you have a pin
if it doesnt you need a new inge welding on or a new door

PDH have pins on their parts list but reckon need the whole hinge part and get it welded on?

euro car parts have pins listed but over 100mm whereas I've measured as about 60mm...and different diameters.

Anyone use the pins and do I really need a hinge and reweld job?

Back