Technical 2011 Twin Air, Drives fine turn engine off and back and get warning triangle with no message

Currently reading:
Technical 2011 Twin Air, Drives fine turn engine off and back and get warning triangle with no message

beattiedh

2011 Twin Air,

The car drives perfectly well but sometimes after stopping the car and turning back on again the warning triangle comes up with no message on the the screen to say what is wrong. Checking the menu the service indicator is flashing at 0 miles. Not sure if they are linked. Does not come on each time you start the car.

Any advice please?

thanks

Duncan

It's the hatch wiring.. 🤓

Aaah... not really. The only thing I can think of is that there is a residual current that fools the ECU's brains if you turn it on again before it has fully discharged. I would check the battery earth point is clean and conductive.. and that the earth strap on top of the gearbox is in good condition. The only other time I've seen any after-life in a console was when it was about to fail.. but this sounds not so severe.

Ralf S.

It's the hatch wiring.. 🤓

Aaah... not really. The only thing I can think of is that there is a residual current that fools the ECU's brains if you turn it on again before it has fully discharged. I would check the battery earth point is clean and conductive.. and that the earth strap on top of the gearbox is in good condition. The only other time I've seen any after-life in a console was when it was about to fail.. but this sounds not so severe.

Ralf S.
Hi Ralf

Many thanks for the heads up, will get the batter out and have a look.

I have had the hatch wiring issue. High level break light cable had snapped. Soldered it in place 🔥
Has been happening for a while now. I also fitted a new battery last week as the one fitted from previous owner was of dubious quality. I was hoping it was that but alas no.

So I removed the battery, cleaned all negatives and removed all earth leads I could find including the gearbox cleaned and refitted. Checked the boot loom and nothing broken, one split but not broken and everything works. Cleared the error for a couple of days but it is back and now the Stop Start has started to error our so I figure it might be the SS module on the battery to blame.

Back