Technical Twinair 2011 Engine Oil

Currently reading:
Technical Twinair 2011 Engine Oil

Can anyone tell me which oil the above car uses, is it 0/30 or 5/30, I am having a problem starting the car, the oil level when cold is midway, after running it is difficult to see exactly where it is, there is a blob n the bottom of the dipstick, so I am going to change the oil and put in 3.2 litres

Thanks for your reply, this is confusing I have a receipt for when the oil was changed it does not say make of oil but it is 0/30, I have read different opinions on the type of oil I should use, the oil is showing middle on the dipstick whe cold and very difficult to read when hot, it seems like a blob on the very bottom of the dipstick. I am having problems starting on the fist start of the day, starts and then stops then numerous turns on the starter motor to start again running roughly.

I am having problems starting on the fist start of the day, starts and then stops then numerous turns on the starter motor to start again running roughly.
This is also a possible sign that the uniair module is wearing out (which isn't at all unlikely on an older early TA).

There's a parallel thread in the Panda section which you might want to take a look at.

do you think the low oil level could have have a bearing on this
Yes.

If you've run the car for any length of time with the oil below the minimum level on the dipstick, I'd expect to see excessive wear on the uniair module, the camchain, and possibly other parts of the engine.

If this were my car, I'd change the oil & filter now using genuine Selenia 5/40 and clean the uniair filter in the head. If that didn't sort the problem, I'd sell it.

Yes.

If you've run the car for any length of time with the oil below the minimum level on the dipstick, I'd expect to see excessive wear on the uniair module, the camchain, and possibly other parts of the engine.

If this were my car, I'd change the oil & filter now using genuine Selenia 5/40 and clean the uniair filter in the head. If that didn't sort the problem, I'd sell it.
sound advice here id say!,If the basic service items do NOT fix the issue then your in for a heap of trouble and a bottomless pit of spending!!!- far better to cut and run!

Back