DSC_0406.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) 1PuntoCarl2's Broom Yellow mk2b thread.

Introduction

Hi FF,

got a new car as the mk2 5 door was starting to go 'tit's up' with EPAS and utterly crap bodywork ect... i might keep it and fix it up over time, may use it for spares and scrap the shell or i may just sell it, im not sure yet...

so yea, i got an mk2b broom yellow active sport :)

12 months mot
6 months tax
quite a bit of history.

pics:

DSC_0411.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0407.jpg

DSC_0408.jpg

DSC_04091.jpg

but there is a bad point :(...

DSC_0410.jpg

category D, only problem is the rear o/s and bumper... shouldnt cost too much to get sorted out...
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
give first call or gsf a ring mate they should be able to get hold of luk cluches if not then pop to sca in the city theyll deffinatly be able to get hold of one for ya and ill give ya a hand to do the clutch, also if you want ur flywheel done i can get it done for about 48 quid

gimme a text when ya ready to do it alll and well have to meet up

lee

i will do mate, i'll give them a ring tomorrow :).

whats so good about the luk clutches though? just out of interest.

hmm i may have to take you up on the flywheel offer ;). i've seen brin's flywheel and clutch together for 45 delivered, worth it lol? or i've seen that clutch and flywheel linked on the previous page for like 35 quid, clutch looks new aswell!

im a tad confused about how to wire the heaters in the seats :(

IMG-20120209-00233.jpg

IMG-20120209-00234.jpg

I looked at the looms, the white one seems to be coming from the heater switch so I think im going to need to work on this. Would I cut the loom out completely and wire a positive from the battery, or any other power source, and wire a negative to the chassis of the car for an earth from the black and red wires that are already there?

If I do need a relay, what kind of relay should I get and how should I wire it? Im slightly confused lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,
Carl.

the seats might be designed to run off a relay timer so nothing burns out
cant beat a warm bum on colder leather though
looks good too

the seats might be designed to run off a relay timer so nothing burns out
cant beat a warm bum on colder leather though
looks good too

i've looked at relays on ebay but cant really see which one to use :(. I was just going to use a 10amp fuse wired to the positive and earth down the negative. got a link to the relay timer I could use?

Thanks,
Carl.

i've looked at relays on ebay but cant really see which one to use :(. I was just going to use a 10amp fuse wired to the positive and earth down the negative. got a link to the relay timer I could use?

Thanks,
Carl.

sorry no idea
but lots of cars have rear window relays etc
would 10 amp be enough?
sorry clueless, i only learn by doing it or causing fires:D

sorry no idea
but lots of cars have rear window relays etc
would 10 amp be enough?
sorry clueless, i only learn by doing it or causing fires:D

Yea i know what you mean, hmmm i thought 10a would be enough, not entirely sure lol.

I think they will run off a pressure sensitive switch also, so the heater element can only come on when there is somebody sitting on the seat.

F45 is fuse for heated seats on the wiring diagrams, 15A.

the preasure switch should already be built into the seat then yes? ahh so its a 15amp fuse i'll need? :)

Back