DSC_0406.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) 1PuntoCarl2's Broom Yellow mk2b thread.

Introduction

Hi FF,

got a new car as the mk2 5 door was starting to go 'tit's up' with EPAS and utterly crap bodywork ect... i might keep it and fix it up over time, may use it for spares and scrap the shell or i may just sell it, im not sure yet...

so yea, i got an mk2b broom yellow active sport :)

12 months mot
6 months tax
quite a bit of history.

pics:

DSC_0411.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0407.jpg

DSC_0408.jpg

DSC_04091.jpg

but there is a bad point :(...

DSC_0410.jpg

category D, only problem is the rear o/s and bumper... shouldnt cost too much to get sorted out...
Im likeing the idea of getting rid of the locks, side repeaters and washer jets.

The washer jets can be moved onto the plastic bit under the windscreen and then old wholes moved.

Id be interested to see where you put side repeaters because other than on wing mirrors i cant think of any other place.

You should fail MOT for no indicators on wings only older cars which didn't have them as stock can get away with it...I too am going to removebdoor locks but leave indicators I think it would be too plain without them tbh

Me mate has indicators in his wheel arches so you get an orange flash and the whole arch lights up not sure if it's legal but it works for him lol

Isn't that a mk2b bonnet been smoothed over? If so did you weld a plate mate or just fibreglass I just fibreglass mine lol :)

You should fail MOT for no indicators on wings only older cars which didn't have them as stock can get away with it...I too am going to removebdoor locks but leave indicators I think it would be too plain without them tbh

Me mate has indicators in his wheel arches so you get an orange flash and the whole arch lights up not sure if it's legal but it works for him lol

Isn't that a mk2b bonnet been smoothed over? If so did you weld a plate mate or just fibreglass I just fibreglass mine lol :)

yea its an mk2b smoothed over. welded plate of metal then fillered over.

the 2b bonnit smoothed looks nice, you thought anymore on tinting the inside of the headlights?

tinted headlights should be next if i feel confident lol...

update: MOT time.....

failed. i dont think its dreadful but nevermind.

1. o/s headlamp not working on main beam

2. wipers on both sides do not clear the window

3. o/s front lower suspension arm has excessive play in ball joint

4. o/s front brake hose is twisted (found during steering lock to lock check)

5. (f/pipe lower joint) exhaust has a major leak in exhaust gases.

6. exhaust emissions lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specific limits.

they want £150 to do get the parts and labour to fit them plus the £35 for MOT. Good deal or is a rip-off?

sounds ok price to me, you could sorce those parts yourself for cheaper but you dont want your car in someones lock up for a week or so!

and word of warning, when you do the headlights you have to drop the bumper! just to get the headlights out,

i bought all the stuff for mine and went outside and my face dropped when i opend the bonnet :( lol

i surpose you knew that tho seen as your frount end has been off already!

sounds ok price to me, you could sorce those parts yourself for cheaper but you dont want your car in someones lock up for a week or so!

and word of warning, when you do the headlights you have to drop the bumper! just to get the headlights out,

i bought all the stuff for mine and went outside and my face dropped when i opend the bonnet :( lol

i surpose you knew that tho seen as your frount end has been off already!

yea i've just let the garage do it, so mot will be done tomorrow!

well when i took my front end apart it was all awkward due to everything being smashed up so i never knew you had to take the bumper off lol. so thanks for that :).

i'll look into tinting headlights and side repeaters at the same time. what stuff did you get for the headlights??

thanks,
Carl.

well, iv heard just black spray paint does the job when you cut into it with a dremil but i wanted to be on the safe side so i bought tinting spray and was going to do quite a few layers inside so the light can still reflect from the inside.

then just use tiger seal to get them back togeather

well, iv heard just black spray paint does the job when you cut into it with a dremil but i wanted to be on the safe side so i bought tinting spray and was going to do quite a few layers inside so the light can still reflect from the inside.

then just use tiger seal to get them back togeather

ahh okay then its probably better to get tinting spray then lol. i'll get the lights done within the next couple of weeks!

Back