Technical 1995 Ducato 2.5 , down on power at times

Currently reading:
Technical 1995 Ducato 2.5 , down on power at times

RedLexus

Hi , the van is intermittently down on power , the fuel line is all clear , and the timing is right . It has a metering flap box on the intake , do these give trouble? Or what do they do?

You could start the van , drive up the road fine , then when you'd go to pull out of a roundabout or similar it'd just limp along . No miss , no smoke , just down on power.

Hi , the van is intermittently down on power , the fuel line is all clear , and the timing is right . It has a metering flap box on the intake , do these give trouble? Or what do they do?

You could start the van , drive up the road fine , then when you'd go to pull out of a roundabout or similar it'd just limp along . No miss , no smoke , just down on power.

It is turbo or non turbo, not sure what you mean by a metering flap box whats the connected to.

2.5 Turbo . There's a box on the induction pipe from the filter to the turbo , looks like a "metering flap" like you'd see on an old BMW or Golf petrol . I've seen these on Ducatos before , always ones about 1995 or 1996 . I assume it's measuring the volume of air being inducted , and talking to the ECU .

The only thing I can thing of connected in that era van is the ccv diaphragm valve. Maybe the turbo wastegate is getting stuck or you have a split in the intercooler or pipes. When my intercooler spliit it would stay closed under low boost and pop right open under high boost. Do you have a boost gauge to check.

The only thing I can thing of connected in that era van is the ccv diaphragm valve. Maybe the turbo wastegate is getting stuck or you have a split in the intercooler or pipes. When my intercooler spliit it would stay closed under low boost and pop right open under high boost. Do you have a boost gauge to check.

Cheers. I checked the wastegate , had a few seized , but it's fine . CCV valve?

Back