Technical Imoboliser on 2.5 Ducato 1997..

Currently reading:
Technical Imoboliser on 2.5 Ducato 1997..

Willitstart

Hi All
I'm after some advice please I Have a Fiat Ducato 1997, with a 2.5 Tdi Engine. I went to start it the other day and was unable to. The attached photo message was displayed on the dash board, attempted a number of times even with the spare key.. Today It started straight away, however after considering if I should take it out I decided to turn it off first and see if it would start again, but unfortunately it didn't!! Would anyone have any ideas please?

Attachments

• IMG_20231106_113100.jpg
    IMG_20231106_113100.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 96
Hi All
I'm after some advice please I Have a Fiat Ducato 1997, with a 2.5 Tdi Engine. I went to start it the other day and was unable to. The attached photo message was displayed on the dash board, attempted a number of times even with the spare key.. Today It started straight away, however after considering if I should take it out I decided to turn it off first and see if it would start again, but unfortunately it didn't!! Would anyone have any ideas please?
Assuming it is the Sofim engine pre ECU with a Bosch injector pump immobiliser though not a five minute job it is not the end of the road to bypass it if all else fails.
Fault is often in the circuit board behind a security shield on the Bosch diesel injector pump, it controls the fuel shut off solenoid.
There are several threads on Forum re this.

Assuming it is the Sofim engine pre ECU with a Bosch injector pump immobiliser though not a five minute job it is not the end of the road to bypass it if all else fails.
Fault is often in the circuit board behind a security shield on the Bosch diesel injector pump, it controls the fuel shut off solenoid.
There are several threads on Forum re this.
Thanks Bugsymike. It is a Sofim engine and am waiting for a Auto locksmith to call me back..

Thanks Bugsymike. It is a Sofim engine and am waiting for a Auto locksmith to call me back..
As they get old the circuit board behind that security cover on the Bosch injector pump starts to pack up, if that is the case the hardest bit is drilling out/grinding off the security bolts holding the cover over the end of the pump the four injector pipes come out of without causing any damage, then it would be a case of replacing or repairing the circuit board or bypassing it and supplying power via ignition directly to the solenoid which when powered up allows diesel fuel to the pump.
I did it on a 1997/8 Ducato 2.8 tdi Maxi van engine I was fitting to a boat, as engine was out of vehicle access was easy.;)

Back