General 1.9 mulijet gearbox

Currently reading:
General 1.9 mulijet gearbox

morning my gps multijet has started making a whirring noise whilst moving . not sure what it is at the moment as it does it when in gear and free wheeling out of gear , just wondering how common gearbox failiure is on the 1.9 multijets . ive seen a few on here and loads on the vxr forums (same gearbox) cheers mick

morning my gps multijet has started making a whirring noise whilst moving . not sure what it is at the moment as it does it when in gear and free wheeling out of gear , just wondering how common gearbox failiure is on the 1.9 multijets . ive seen a few on here and loads on the vxr forums (same gearbox) cheers mick

mine has started whining when in gear heavy accelerating, as soon as i take foot off accelerator it stops, the more you floor it the louder it gets, i cant see how yours would do it free wheeling out of gear, very unlikely. ive got an extended warranty through fiat, so will wait a little while longer for it to get a bit more noticeable before taking it in to fiat.

Sounds similar to mine, was told by afew places was the diff. Had it on the ramps spining all wheels wouldnt make the noise but hammering it in the air, the noise was coming from box did it while coasting aswell.

hi guys mine made the same noise commen problem on the m32 vauxhall unit used in the mjet gp bad news is the 6th gear bearing is weak and mine went gradually whined in 1st and 2nd 5 was gring noise finally collapsed these boxes are rare and expensive to fix thanks to six gears and diff mine cost £1410 to take out get reconditioned and replaced looks like this could be your problem apparently fiat knew of this problem when they used the box apparently made a fix for it but obv not, hope this helps even tho its bad news

I'd be looking at the O/S driveshaft centre bearing first before condemning the 'box. Had several where the bearing outer race starts rotating in the housing and creating a whirring/rumbling noise under certain loads.

Back