General X250 AirRide Front Airbag shocks

Currently reading:
General X250 AirRide Front Airbag shocks

music10

I am wondering if anybody who has actually fitted these shocks from AirRide. I have a pair of doulbe convolute Dunlop bags but they dont fit as the lower flange is symmetrically positioned on the strut piston axis, whereas the Fiat springs are offset to miss the strut tower inner wall. The very limited instructions says to 'dress' the struct tower to achieve the same clearance as the standard coil springs, but at least 20mm has to moved inwards so the bags do not scrape on the body This would mean cutting chassis and re-welding a new metal plates - not a good idea. AirRide wont supply instructions how to do this nor help any further.

Strangely I was looking at these the other day as needing to replace my front struts.
I presume you have these with the 'standard' double convoluted bag option:
If the picture is correct then yes, the bottom end of the 'spring' mount (end nearest the hub) looks to be symetrical wheras the 'standard' strut
has an offset for the spring mount.
Also I preume you read the description especially 'Although those pictured may not be an exact match to your vehicle these are made to order based on your chassis number and will be a direct fit.'
As I am still looking at replacements I cannot really be any help but will be watching this thread for any information that might sway me toward these rather than a standard strut.

Martin, GM6VXB

Strangely I was looking at these the other day as needing to replace my front struts.
If the picture is correct then yes, the bottom end of the 'spring' mount (end nearest the hub) looks to be symetrical wheras the 'standard' strut
Also I preume you read the description especially 'Although those pictured may not be an exact match to your vehicle these are made to order based on your chassis number and will be a direct fit.'
As I am still looking at replacements I cannot really be any help but will be watching this thread for any information that might sway me toward these rather than a standard strut.

Martin, GM6VXB
Tried to send an Email to Airride this morning.
Failed on the one on their website ([email protected]) and also when trying [email protected] incase their website had the address wrong.
Also tried phoning but engaged when I tried.
Will try phonning later today to see if they can answer some queries I have

Martin, GM6VXB

Martin, GM6VXB

Tried to send an Email to Airride this morning.
Failed on the one on their website ([email protected]) and also when trying [email protected] incase their website had the address wrong.
Also tried phoning but engaged when I tried.
Will try phonning later today to see if they can answer some queries I have

I last contacted Phil in July using [email protected]
ph 0800 772 0315
I believe Phil is the owner, please let me know how you fare as I would really liked to have used their double convolute struts, which are nicely made, if only they filtted without needing to cut out a large area of the strut tower wall and re-welding metal to rebuilt the chassis integrity.
Mike

I last contacted Phil in July using [email protected]
ph 0800 772 0315
I believe Phil is the owner, please let me know how you fare as I would really liked to have used their double convolute struts, which are nicely made, if only they filtted without needing to cut out a large area of the strut tower wall and re-welding metal to rebuilt the chassis integrity.
Mike
Had a reply from Airride this morning.
Just to clarify, I have a 2007 Ducato X250 with chassis type: ZFA2500000*******.

Airride say that the struts for mine do have an offset for the bottom of the spring, also maybe more kit needed 'but' will explain later.

So, the strut like this: https://airride.co.uk/air/shop/van-...ato/x230/fiat-ducato-heavy-duty-front-struts/
even though is says for all Ducato's from the X230 to X295 might not fit some (if not all) types including the X250.

But, on their website I also found this: https://airride.co.uk/air/shop/van-...ato/x250/fiat-ducato-front-strut-boxer-relay/
Which is for the X250, X290, and X295, and does appear to have an offset, which the first type does not.

Now for the sharp intake of breath. £1250 more expensive !!!!!, eeek.
So out of the two types the second one 'looks' to be correct for the X250, and now the 'but'.

Airride also recommend fitting this kit:
https://airride.co.uk/air/shop/mana...ift-performance-3p-pressure-based-controller/
which adds another £1850 to an install.

So not including rear airrides (which I already have), it would cost £5100 to buy, and I still have to fit them !. Airride will fit them but labour
hourly rates are (to me) high, plus I have to drive over 500 miles to get them fitted (and then back home, another 500).

So maybe some help to you but to me it looks like fitting new standard struts and springs rather than airrides.

Anyone else like to comment ?.

Martin, GM6VXB

Had a reply from Airride this morning.
Just to clarify, I have a 2007 Ducato X250 with chassis type: ZFA2500000*******.

Airride say that the struts for mine do have an offset for the bottom of the spring, also maybe more kit needed 'but' will explain later.

So, the strut like this: https://airride.co.uk/air/shop/van-...ato/x230/fiat-ducato-heavy-duty-front-struts/
even though is says for all Ducato's from the X230 to X295 might not fit some (if not all) types including the X250.

But, on their website I also found this: https://airride.co.uk/air/shop/van-...ato/x250/fiat-ducato-front-strut-boxer-relay/
Which is for the X250, X290, and X295, and does appear to have an offset, which the first type does not.

Now for the sharp intake of breath. £1250 more expensive !!!!!, eeek.
So out of the two types the second one 'looks' to be correct for the X250, and now the 'but'.

Airride also recommend fitting this kit:
https://airride.co.uk/air/shop/mana...ift-performance-3p-pressure-based-controller/
which adds another £1850 to an install.

So not including rear airrides (which I already have), it would cost £5100 to buy, and I still have to fit them !. Airride will fit them but labour
hourly rates are (to me) high, plus I have to drive over 500 miles to get them fitted (and then back home, another 500).

So maybe some help to you but to me it looks like fitting new standard struts and springs rather than airrides.

Anyone else like to comment ?.

Martin, GM6VXB
The 2 convolute airbag supplied by AirRide.uk for my van VIN starting ZFA250000 (yr 2018) will not fit as the bottom end of the bag is not offset as per the standard spring. A large area of the metal would need to be cut-out and re-welded about 20-25mm towards the inside of the strut tower. The 3 convolute seems to be the identical type in diameter so would also not fit.
I am wondering if anybody has successfully fitted the AirRide air springs ?

Back