General x19 struts

Currently reading:
General x19 struts

Raph406

i was wondering if you can get konis for an x19 or what are some recomandations of other brands?

Once upon a time, yes you could get koni's but while they still list them they will only make them for a bulk order which means in reality they have been unavailable for about twenty years. There are other options like kyb which are available and for the very well off there is the possibility of one-off sets.

If you have the rebuildable type struts, you could take them to a suspension shop and they should be able to find something to fit.

If they are not the rebuildable type they can probably be modified to take a new insert.

The common choice for the rebuildable ones is the inserts from the early vw golf/rabbit but the number of X1/9s with rebuildable struts is vanishingly small...

I have Konis on my 85 X1/9. They may have been the last set imported into the US. They cost me over $800 at the time. They are really nice and it's too bad they are NLA. When I tried to sell the car 10 years ago everyone that responded to the add wanted the Konis rather than the car. Glad I didn't sell either one.

Back