Technical Wiring route diagram for a 2017 Roller Team Zefiro 694

Currently reading:
Technical Wiring route diagram for a 2017 Roller Team Zefiro 694

HughPD

Does anyone have a wiring route diagram for a 2017 Roller Team Zefiro 694? or maybe a similar model with a Nordelettronica NE196 Control unit. I have a series of questions that this would answer. Thanks

Does anyone have a wiring route diagram for a 2017 Roller Team Zefiro 694? or maybe a similar model with a Nordelettronica NE196 Control unit. I have a series of questions that this would answer. Thanks
I have a 2017 Roller Team T-590 which I guess is very similar electrically. I've done many mods so may be able to help.

I have a 2017 Roller Team T-590 which I guess is very similar electrically. I've done many mods so may be able to help.
Thanks I have a lot of Q, but to start:
1) What route does rear view camera wiring take (I want to add a second rear view camera & only wired for one)
2) Habitation battery isolator under drivers seat why so far from battery
3) Does alternator charge battery direct or via NE196 Control unit
4) Does solar also charge Start battery
5) Could I add a relay to NE196 Control unit fridge supply, connected direct to habitation battery and use NE196 to relay coil to reduce current flow through NE196 or will this just reroute current from alternator through NE196 anyway. (Ps I have 500w of solar so less need for alternator supply)

Thanks I have a lot of Q, but to start:
1) What route does rear view camera wiring take (I want to add a second rear view camera & only wired for one)
2) Habitation battery isolator under drivers seat why so far from battery
3) Does alternator charge battery direct or via NE196 Control unit
4) Does solar also charge Start battery
5) Could I add a relay to NE196 Control unit fridge supply, connected direct to habitation battery and use NE196 to relay coil to reduce current flow through NE196 or will this just reroute current from alternator through NE196 anyway. (Ps I have 500w of solar so less need for alternator supply)

I'll try and answer some of your questions:
1: I have started to add a second camera but got side tracked. Our van has a piece of aluminium checker plate for the step to the cab, most wiring runs through that.
2: I think that's Fiat fitment.
3: Worryingly through the NE196.
4: Not on our van but I seem to remember the NE196 may have an output.
5: I fitted a relay to take the fridge load off the NE196 while driving. Our fridge current is over 10 amps and runs for 45 minute and then off for 15 minutes! A real battery killer. I have 2 x 110ah Lithiums and up to 750w of solar.

Here's a link to an article i wrote about fitting a B2B. Take a read.

Many thanks your responses - Ill focus on wanting to transfer fridge load direct to the habitation battery whilst maintaining all the NE196 functionality.
I interpret your initial thread in your motorhomer.com as per diagram attached - is this correct?
Seasons Greetings H

Attachments

• NE196 and Fridge relay.pdf
    213.5 KB · Views: 35
Many thanks your responses - Ill focus on wanting to transfer fridge load direct to the habitation battery whilst maintaining all the NE196 functionality.
I interpret your initial thread in your motorhomer.com as per diagram attached - is this correct?
Seasons Greetings H
When our fridge, a Thetford 3 way, runs on 12v from the alternator there is no thermostatic control and can barely maintain temperature. I run the fridge via an inverter from the leisure batteries when camping off-grid, the 240v incorporates the thermostatic control.

I use the relay to remove the fridge load from the NE196 whilst driving as the 196 is known to fail and all the current runs through PCB tracks. Also I use B2B's so the fridge current isn't robbing the B2B's while driving.

I do what you do when off grid during daytime and switch to LPG overnight. It occurs to me that one could also configure the fridge to run from inverter (240v) whilst driving also?
What is current rating of your B2B charger?
I'm still on AGM battery as I understand Lithium don't like to be held at full charge and our solar tends to keep our AGM well charged. I had also thought I might add a lithium dedicated to inverter (primarily for fridge) as a separate system charged from solar & B2B.

I do what you do when off grid during daytime and switch to LPG overnight. It occurs to me that one could also configure the fridge to run from inverter (240v) whilst driving also?
What is current rating of your B2B charger?
I'm still on AGM battery as I understand Lithium don't like to be held at full charge and our solar tends to keep our AGM well charged. I had also thought I might add a lithium dedicated to inverter (primarily for fridge) as a separate system charged from solar & B2B.
I had the original AGM with 750w of solar but the original battery had neither the capacity or high enough charge capability. We the original AGM a single 30A B2B is enough. With 2 Lithiums 2 x 30A B2B is OK. Trying to run the fridge, Lithiums won't be at 100% for long as the fridge is so hungry.

In my experience just dump the AGM and fit Lithiums. Don't waste your money or time, ask me how I know.

Last edited:
Back