General Wiring question for the 16v members

Currently reading:
General Wiring question for the 16v members

DIDCOTT

Hi do you have any pics of how you have run the loom and if anything needed extending ?
I have joined the d4 connector as per the guide in the Cinq section and after plugging things in seems the crank sensor wire needs to be extended as it is nowhere near long enough unless there’s an alternative route? Be good to hear your advice thanks. .

Hi do you have any pics of how you have run the loom and if anything needed extending ?
I have joined the d4 connector as per the guide in the Cinq section and after plugging things in seems the crank sensor wire needs to be extended as it is nowhere near long enough unless there’s an alternative route? Be good to hear your advice thanks. .

Only two wires that need extended are the map sensor and oil pressure, get yourself a Long 1.1 crank sensor and it’ll reach :)

Another question this time about the fuel lines. In the Punto inlet the red fuel pipe connects to the top but on the inlet manifold can you tell me where the other two go pleases IMG_1356.JPG

Another question this time about the fuel lines. In the Punto inlet the red fuel pipe connects to the top but on the inlet manifold can you tell me where the other two go pleases View attachment 190501

The blue one looks like the charcoal canister pipes you don’t need them just throw the whole unit in the bin

You should have two fuel pipe one feed one return and the other two fuel looking pipes are the charcoal canister

Thanks James there’s 3 pipes that run along the bulk head one taped red so I think that’s fuel in then two others one must be the return but not sure where either should go to and there’s only one place on the inlet manifold that it seems one of them would fit.
I’m still struggling to route the loom also any help or pictures of what you guys have done would be a massive help. Thanks.

Thanks James there’s 3 pipes that run along the bulk head one taped red so I think that’s fuel in then two others one must be the return but not sure where either should go to and there’s only one place on the inlet manifold that it seems one of them would fit.
I’m still struggling to route the loom also any help or pictures of what you guys have done would be a massive help. Thanks.

Mines well was before I pulled it back out but mostly dumped behind/inside the inlet manifold and down the passenger of the engine as it gets hidden by my airbox

Thanks James how are you getting on with yours?
I have done the wiring now and just have the fuel lines to connect and exhaust to extend so not far off.

mines now getting stripped for parts (very long story) but its a needs must thing just something i've gotta do

That’s a shame James. Your thread has what has helped me get mine to where it is now and thank you for your advice and input with it. At least yours is keeping other members centos on the road.

What strut braces have you guys used with the 16v swap as mine doesn’t fit now and looking for a replacement any pics would be a big help

For those that have done this conversion how did you go about connecting the reverse light and how did you get the temperature gauge working???

Back