Technical Windscreen Wipers

Currently reading:
Technical Windscreen Wipers

MRT

Having some problems with my Doblo the wipers will work for a while on intermediate setting then they will just stop altogether. Sometimes you have to give the stork a right good bang to get them to work again or turn the engine off and restart.

Any one got any ideas.

Sounds like the wiper stalk is giving you some problems, that said if it works for a while then stops then it could also be a relay fault. Relays are a few pound, the stalks are about £40. Might be worth taking it to your local dealer for them to check it, otherwise any good auto electrician will be able to source the problem.

If you want to do it yourself, you'll need a multimeter (or voltmeter), and access to the windscreen wiper motor. Turn them on (be careful they don't foul you or the bonnet) and check the voltage across the terminals on the motor (red pen on the positive terminal, black pen on the negative terminal). Record this or remember it. When they stop working check this voltage again, if it is at 0 or is lower than what you had earlier (even by .2), then the stalk or the relay is at fault, if it's still the same then it's your motor at fault.

Hope this helps :)

Hiya!,

My Doblos front wipers are doing the same stunt!.....going into garage tomorrow - will let you know what gets replaced!.

Looks like that's another fault to expect in the future (n) My wipers just tie themselves in knots and the passenger one stops working, as the ball joint falls apart. I am going to modify them by fitting a universal type ball joint but that can wait till the weather improves a bit.:(

My wipers did the exact same thing when my van was a few months old. My dealer told me there was grease on the contacts of the motor and they simply cleaned it off and hey presto. I think they may have been spoofing. Now my van is 3 and a half years old and its back doing the same thing again. As I don't get on with my dealer now I'll be sorting it myself, probably when the rain stops!!

Had a auto electrician look at my wipers yesterday as the problem of them stoping on intermediate was starting to do my head in. Told me the relay was at fault but its all built into the stork is this right?

Also spoke to Fiat about buying the stork and fitting myself and they say its a big job as the airbag needs to be disconected.

My wiper (the one that works) is playing up now. Once you can get it going it stays working but I have to keep switching it on an off several times before it works on any setting, including wash /wipe. The washer part of the wash /wipe works so then it's a mad panic to get the wipers on to clear the screen oscured by washer solution.:bang:

That sounds just like what mine is doing was going to get it fixed but not got round to it yet so just hoping for a rain free summer:worship:

Back