General window washer problem

Currently reading:
General window washer problem

delbwoy2003

i have just purchased a 2001 jtd ulysse and neither the rear or front window washer works any clues please. i have looked at the fuses under the bonnet and glove box they are all ok

Have you checked the pumps by wiring them direct to the battery or other 12v source?

hiya, had the same problem today after picking up a Prestigio JTD 2.0 Auto.

We took the wheel off to get to the pump etc, bloody big water tank lol. Pump worked fine so we ended up taking the magnet out (assuming this gets "pushed" left or right to change the water flow to front or rear?). Front now works but nothing to the rear yet, just hoping it needs running through.

Good luck with yours

Cheers
Dave

If the pump spins in reverse it is more than likely that the join in the pipe in the o/s/r pillar has come off, remove the grille at the back and it is about an inch above the opening.

Hi could you please let me know which fuses to check because when I try to spray the water I cannot hear the pump so hoping it is a fuse.

Many thanks
John

Hi could you please let me know which fuses to check because when I try to spray the water I cannot hear the pump so hoping it is a fuse.

Many thanks
John

doubt it - 99% of the time it is the pump, I've had them spin one way but not the reverse, the best thing to do is to remove it and bench test it with a 12v supply. Sometimes immersing the pump in diesel overnight and then flushing it out with switch cleaner can get them working but probably just better to get a new one.

You may be lucky but see how long the fuse lasts, they blow for a reason...

Last edited:
I am hoping it blew because the lines where frozen at the time and I tried a little to long to flush through the anti freeze. And yes it was quite a long time ago.

Back