Technical Which Service

Currently reading:
Technical Which Service

chas379

72 Year Old teenager
My wife's 1.2 Pop. Purchased 11 months ago, had a 1st dealer service prior to collection when 8,500 miles on the clock being 8 months old at the time.

Next month the car wii be 20 months old and the mileage will be appox 13k. Do we put in for a service?

Looking at service requirements and wanting to keep within warranty requirements. I am in a quandary as to what type of service would be required seeing that it is still under 18k, but would be deemed as a 2nd service which looking at my dealer's price board is in the region of £450.

Any views appreciated.

Tell the dealer WHAT YOU WANT TO BE DONE.

2nd service 13 k 20 months old?
Why i see nothing more than oil filter with new oil, brake fluid and pollen filter. maybe an air filter if not changed 1st service.
Easy stuff to service. That cant cost more than 150 at fiat rip off prices, right boys?
Doing this will satisfy your warranty no worries with such a low mileage!

Dont worry about the car dying on you, i am on 30 k and other than a part defect which was fixed under warranty no worries here.

Last edited:
Ahmett

Thanks for input, have 2 dealers locally, but have no experience, to date, re their servicing efficiencies. So will, as you mentioned, tell them what I want and see who comes out best re allocation of my business.

Ahmett

Thanks for input, have 2 dealers locally, but have no experience, to date, re their servicing efficiencies. So will, as you mentioned, tell them what I want and see who comes out best re allocation of my business.

I think Ahmett's advice is spot on. Just don't forget to change your plugs at 18k if you don't get them done at 13k. Personally, I'd do them at 18k. Easy enough job if you are a competent home mechanic with the correct tools. Four NGK ZKR7A-10 plugs cost £11.67 including delivery from the famous auction site.

Back