which looks better

Currently reading:
which looks better

which looks better

• Total voters
TSW Venoms: grande with tsw venoms.jpg

OZ Michelangelo 8s:my car with michelangelo 10's.jpg

both will look sh!t so im not going to vote.

i thought that you were buying nice normal silver, white or black alloys? either of the above designs in normal colours will look good. But multi-coloured alloys, leave that to the show boys with their big bodykitted cars and various colour schemes. (not my cuppa tea at all, i might add)

so... you are proposing to spend £800-ish on NEW alloys then make them vitually worthless by painting em in purple and black?

you are a nutter, good luck with that!

:yuck:

Last edited:
i know why you want them colour-coordinated, but trust me it will look terrible. The wheels will have too much attention drawn to them, you would need to balance the rest of the car out with a bodykit and either a purple vinyl stripe or two tone paint job. (which will look bad as well IMO, but for different reasons)

Gloss black wheels on a black car, not my thing tbh but it will still look good :)

Now, bearing in mind that there is a 99.9% chance that you WILL kurb your wheels in your first year of driving (or just simply write the car off entirely)....

i would look for a set of relatively cheap alloys that float your boat (i guess you dont mind multispokes).

like these, they wont take a lot to make them fit
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TSW-MULTISPOK...14&_trkparms=72:1299|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

get an alloy wheel repair kit, sand them down and repair the scratches, spray them black (and heres my idea, keep them all black apart from the insides of the wheel, spray them purple to match your theme) that way they dont look offensive, just hopefully classy.
kill 3 birds with one stone: saves you money for more mods (or insurance), means you maybe can afford them right away, and also means that you wont be crying when you kerb a very expensive set of alloys.

my tuppence :)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
i know why you want them colour-coordinated, but trust me it will look terrible. The wheels will have too much attention drawn to them, you would need to balance the rest of the car out with a bodykit and either a purple vinyl stripe or two tone paint job. (which will look bad as well IMO, but for different reasons)

Gloss black wheels on a black car, not my thing tbh but it will still look good :)

Now, bearing in mind that there is a 99.9% chance that you WILL kurb your wheels in your first year of driving (or just simply write the car off entirely)....

i would look for a set of relatively cheap alloys that float your boat (i guess you dont mind multispokes).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TSW-MULTISPOKE-17-ALLOY-WHEELS-WITH-TYRES-4-X-100-STUD_W0QQitemZ320330234405QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET?hash=item320330234405&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1299%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

get an alloy wheel repair kit, sand them down and repair the scratches, spray them black (and heres my idea, keep them all black apart from the insides of the wheel, spray them purple to match your theme) that way they dont look offensive, just hopefully classy.
kill 3 birds with one stone: saves you money for more mods (or insurance), means you maybe can afford them right away, and also means that you wont be crying when you kerb a very expensive set of alloys.

thats a good idea thanks(y)

i already have purple vinyl abarth style sidestripes to put on but i see what you mean about the purple on the wheels perhaps being a bit too much. maybe just go for gloss black with a purple lip.

i understand about the kerbing which is why the refurb wont be straight away and probably in about 6 months time of buying the wheels.

anyway thanks for the suggestion and i think ill have to have a bit more of a think about this

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TSW-MULTISPOK...14&_trkparms=72:1299|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

i join this option. dont buy brand spankers because curbs are out there and you'll be soooooooooo pissed if you smash up a new set refurb or no refurb you'll still be pissed as feck....trust me on this

I have to agree with some of the guys on here, none of them look that great, if you are going to spend alot of money get something decent but make sure you like it is tha main thing,you are paying!!!!

i join this option. dont buy brand spankers because curbs are out there and you'll be soooooooooo pissed if you smash up a new set refurb or no refurb you'll still be pissed as feck....trust me on this

+2 mate. I was pissed off when i did a tiny bit of curb work on my crappy £100 wheels (n)
Why not wait a year? you can kerb the hell out of the standard wheels and not worry much. then next year the insurance will be cheaper and the wheels will have dropped in price (or might even be able to buy a second hand set by then?)

+2 mate. I was pissed off when i did a tiny bit of curb work on my crappy £100 wheels (n)
Why not wait a year? you can kerb the hell out of the standard wheels and not worry much. then next year the insurance will be cheaper and the wheels will have dropped in price (or might even be able to buy a second hand set by then?)

+3 (n), i know from having my alloys on the punto just how easy it is to kerb them, if you live near big kerbs, dont buy new alloys, also, i don't think black wheels, purple lip ot not, would look right on a dark or black car, they need alot more of a lighter lighter colour to break them up a bit so they dont look like steelies from a distance, of course, i could be proven totaly wrong and they might look great! (y)

Had some good advice off of adamcot earlier and have re thoght my alloy idea (yet again:eek:)

the choice now is some TSW Pace, MS Design MS17 (better known as the wheels from the linea kit), T-Jet alloys or if a bit smaller fiat anthracite alloy or gunmetal alloys (dont know the model names but are available on ebay)

As well as smoking and drinking can we ban Rolf from talking about mods to his Mums car!? - even if it's just for a couple of weeks

Every day there's a different set of alloys, with god knows how many colour combinations, he desperately needs opinions on :mad:

Rolf it took you 4 days of having your licence to prang Mums car reversing it off the drive - how long do you think alloys are going to last??

I'm getting really f**ked off with seeing your name at the top of threads all over the LL. You have a thread dedicated to your Mums car already, for the love of god please post this type of questions there.

<wanders off to find the right side of the bed and thanks god Rolf's Mum doesn't own a Stilo>

Back