Where is the, MAP SENSOR earth cable beside the ignition coil on a 1997 Punto 1.1 SX

Currently reading:
Where is the, MAP SENSOR earth cable beside the ignition coil on a 1997 Punto 1.1 SX

d1ckyboy

Following on from this thread.

http://www.fiat-scotland.com/fiat/u...-not-starting-after-plug-coil-and-lead-change

I don't suppose anyone can point me in the direction of the MAP SENSOR and what earth wires should be attached where in my engine bay ?

As i have been told this could be part of my problem.

As i have tried looking for the earth wires but don't know what wires are meant to be where.
And as for the MAP SENSOR, i'm ****ed if i can find it even though i'm probably looking right at it :bigcry:

Anyones help is appreciated.

[attachment=1:10b175cn]uIMG_0019.jpg[/attachment:10b175cn]

the map sensor is the small pipe coming off the right hand side of the inlet mani there. its a metal circle with a black rubber hose coming off it. right next to the blue temp plug on the right.

cant find a pic of the earth. you my not have it but every other 1.2 and 1.1 ive ever had wont run propperly without it so i imagine you must have it somewhere.

Clock34 said:
View attachment 2677

the map sensor is the small pipe coming off the right hand side of the inlet mani there. its a metal circle with a black rubber hose coming off it. right next to the blue temp plug on the right.

cant find a pic of the earth. you my not have it but every other 1.2 and 1.1 ive ever had wont run propperly without it so i imagine you must have it somewhere.

The pipe coming off the part that says WEBER on it ?
And the black pipe comes out the front of the inlet and runs over the top of the coolant sensor ?

As for the earth i best get looking or add another on on somewhere.

No. But if you follow on the pic the pipe that comes out the front of the throttle body. Follow it right then it goes up just before it gets above the blue temp sensor there are two small black pipes. The top of these comes from a little metal plug thats screwed into the 4th inlet pipe. This is your vac pipe for map so just follow that back to sensor :)

Clock34 said:
No. But if you follow on the pic the pipe that comes out the front of the throttle body. Follow it right then it goes up just before it gets above the blue temp sensor there are two small black pipes. The top of these comes from a little metal plug thats screwed into the 4th inlet pipe. This is your vac pipe for map so just follow that back to sensor :)

I found it mate.

It was right on front of me all the time when i was looking for it.
I unplugged it and tried starting the car and it wouldn't fire into life at all, tried disconnecting the blue coolant sensor and nothing.
So i plugged both the plugs back in and tried starting the car again.
NOTHING HAPPENED YET AGAIN.
I did a resistance check on the TDC Sensor and it was within the limits set out in the haynes manual.
So it seems ok too
And all the plugs are firing.
The cars getting fuel as throttle body is honking of fuel.

So i'm ****ed if i know what it could be now :(
My next step was to find out where to order a new MAP sensor and coolant sensor from.
And hope its one of them.
Or buy a fault code reader and see what that comes up with.

Back