Wheelbase Alloys. Avoid.

Currently reading:
Wheelbase Alloys. Avoid.

Noxide

Established member
So, you're in the market for some new alloy wheels? Saw this website (http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/) for wheelbase, sparkled with positive reviews and pretty pictures?

Don't waste your time. After ordering them and putting down a deposit nearly 4 months ago, and being originally told they would take 4 weeks, they still haven't arrived. This is after contacting them at least 6 times. I was even given an actual day they'd arrive! Guess what; they didn't.
Customer service is fine - if it was accurate. When you get a response. I've emailed and never got a reply, and have never received contact from them first. I've always had to chase them up. I'll be lucky to get them for the christmas meet, let alone my birthday like I wanted!

Rant over. I'm at my wit's end with them in case you can't guess. :mad:

Avoid them - there's enough other sites about to get wheels.

Maybe I'll get my wheels one day...

Asked for this to be deleted but nothing happened as of yet.

Anyway, an update, after phoning them and having a moan, I got through to someone really helpful, who find out what had gone on, tracked down a secondary issue which had delayed them even further, and resolved it quickly for me whilst on the phone. Wheels dispatched, on the way. At last.

So; good staff if right person - communication is not very good from them, and I still stand by this. :)

Unfortunately, 1 week on and another update.

So; got in touch with them Saturday after going to put the wheels on, and finding they'd sent me the wrong bolts. Needed to send wobble bolts as the wheels are 4x100 not 4x98. Not a problem, new bolts dispatched.

Received those today. They've got the wrong ****ing thread on them so don't ****ing fit. ****. Gotta chase them up again now. Getting thoroughly fed up. :bang:

I stand by my original statement. Go elsewhere. Save yourself the hassle.

Well. Guess what.

THESE ******* WHEEL BOLTS DONT FIT EITHER.

If you combined all the ones they'd sent me, I'd be able to get my wheels on. Unfortunately playing Frankenstein with some bolts is not something I'm prepared to do. Unsur-*******-prisingly.

Wits. *******. End. Absolute ****ing joke. ****.

Breakdown;

First set - just wrong. Right thread though.
Second - right bolt, wrong thread
Third - Right thread, wrong size bolt - sticks out wheel by a good half cm.

Last edited:
Phoned again. Assured the exact right set are on the way. We'll see, I guess.

It's a process of elimination, they are far less likely to send you the wrong ones they already know which ones in their stock don't fit...hopefully they won't have a hundred different ones in stock.

It's a process of elimination, they are far less likely to send you the wrong ones they already know which ones in their stock don't fit...hopefully they won't have a hundred different ones in stock.

Well, you'd imagine so, but after 4 months I've lost hope.

Thankfully they do actually fit. Only issue now is filing about 2mm off the top of them all - center caps won't screw on otherwise! But that's as close as I think we're ever gonna get!

I'm pleased.

In a way; customer service is fine when you get through to someone. They've been really good about sending out new stuff when I've phoned and complained. :eek:

Put them on. Was tightening the last bolt and it sheared right off, snapped in the hole.

Not sure if over-torqued, or just not used to wobble bolts, but slightly dubious of them.

Put them on. Was tightening the last bolt and it sheared right off, snapped in the hole.

Not sure if over-torqued, or just not used to wobble bolts, but slightly dubious of them.

How tight were you doing them? Using a standard wrench? Or a torque wrench, if so what was it set at?

I've never used wobble bolts so I can't really comment about them

Wrightyy

How tight were you doing them? Using a standard wrench? Or a torque wrench, if so what was it set at?

I've never used wobble bolts so I can't really comment about them

Wrightyy

Torque wrench. I think we'd dropped the torque setting to try to get it to click and it still wouldn't. I can't remember what it was set at originally, I'll confess!

The first 4 clicked fine at standard setting. And so did a lot of others. It was just this final one that just went clean off! I'm wondering whether the little washer slipped or had shifted when we put it on, so it just simply wouldn't click.

I've got another bolt in there now - it's far too big so I'm running around without a cap on the alloy, but they still look good! :yum:

Just gonna keep an eye on them over the next few weeks.

Braved it and went for a drive. All seems well, no worrying noises which is always nice!

Just have to think of something to do with these bolts now.

Back