Technical Wheel alignment measurements

Currently reading:
Technical Wheel alignment measurements

I oinly have Brovo/Brava data. This give toe parallel set +/- 1 mm Camber 33' +/- 30" (ie 1/2 of one degree)
castor 2 degrees 50' So nothing surprising.

Thanks Renegade 8.

So not too disimilar to my current alignment set up then, attached.

Attachments

• image.pdf
    102.7 KB · Views: 111
Yeah, a FWD car set like that will handle fine, no tramlining nice feel of wheel straight ahead and turning in and no tyre scrub. they did a good job.

Hellcat, about £30.

Apparently, I should expect tyre wear inner left front and outer right front because the camber is out and can't be adjusted any further.

Also, as the bod returned the print out sheet to the counter I overheard him tell a fellow bod colleague that he was fed up working on sh*t cars......... Nice.

Maybe working on your Marea had shown him the light and he was complaining about all the Fords and Vauxhalls that were booked in for the rest of the day? ;)

I didn't think the camber was at all ajustable? You would need to get some top mounts like what SediciRich has on his racing Tipo.

I get the identical style printout from Merrits Tyres here. Only the tracking is adjustable and the fact they measure different castor and camber whenever you have it done is worrying, of course cars do bend a bit. Mine always come out acceptably and tyre wear and steering feel is fine so long as the track it OK. Price is much the same.
BTW, how a car is looked after is far more important than what it cost new. My Marea is nicer to drive or ride in than a badly maintained car with a "prestige" badge on the front.

Last edited:
Look what I just found, before and after

Attachments

• Dscf1768.jpg
    Dscf1768.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 80
Ha, thats what I want.

So is that achieved by adjusting just tracking rather than the attempt at 4 wheel alignment I ended up with? Confused.................again.

Tracking is the ONLY thing you can adjust on the Marea without spending big money on adjustable top-mounts which may not be road legal.

The idea of 4 wheel tracking is to get everything going in the right direction so it's not a total waste.

Thats adjusting the tracking and only the tracking using a 4 wheel aligner. It clamps to the back wheels and sets the fronts to that. The backs are not adjusted, you just measure what you have got, then set the fronts to the best achievable. It works well. Why the castor improves I dont know, maybe tracking and setting steer ahead helps it?

Back