Technical What is this thing?

Currently reading:
Technical What is this thing?

najor

Anybody knows what is this black little thing and the part number if there is any?
Where to buy them (online if there is any)?

I attached the pictures below:
Image(05).jpg

Image(10).jpg

Thanks.

Throttle potentiometer, comes complete with housing unit, cant get seperate, cost around £600 gbp.
Whats wrong with the car ?

Jeeeeeeesus Christ mother of god £600 for that thing??

No, this must be a typo. The thing is some 100 EUR = (+/-) 60 GBP where I live, original Fiat.
Even at this price, it is considered bl__dy expensive, thus it is frequently replaced with the potentiometer intended for Š 135 Favorit or Felicia, which are available at about half of the price. These cars share the same Bosch Mono Jetronic system, thus the parts are interchangeable.
And... someone who obviously went to a shopping trip to China about a year ago, is using a local Citroen forum to sell the brand-new potentiometers at... 20 EUR!!
No kidding...

Whats wrong with the car ?
Ok.
1. The car won't idle during warm up so I had to put my foot on the accelerator pedal and wait for it to warm up.
2. During start-stop traffic the engine would shut off, it can't seem to maintain the idle. I had to put the selector to N (neutral) to prevent it the engine to shut off. Even at N the idle dropped below 700rpm.

I was troubleshooting the problem. The reference book suggested me to replace the thing.

No, this must be a typo. The thing is some 100 EUR = (+/-) 60 GBP where I live, original Fiat.
Where is it? Is the shop where you bought it can deliver overseas?

Last edited:
Back