Technical What is the difference between IAW 5NF T9 and IAW 5NF T1 ECU's???? please help!!

Currently reading:
Technical What is the difference between IAW 5NF T9 and IAW 5NF T1 ECU's???? please help!!

dawie01

Hi all
What is the difference between IAW 5NF T9 and IAW 5NF T1 ECU's? i have a 2004 1.6 stilo and cant find a plug and play T9 ecu but can fin alot of the T1 but my stilo has the T9. can anyone help with this? and can a person use a second hand ecu with no programming (like plug and play)?

Hi all
What is the difference between IAW 5NF T9 and IAW 5NF T1 ECU's? i have a 2004 1.6 stilo and cant find a plug and play T9 ecu but can fin alot of the T1 but my stilo has the T9. can anyone help with this? and can a person use a second hand ecu with no programming (like plug and play)?

I know this is an old thread, but was top of my search.

I've just ordered a virgin T1 to replace a T9 so I'll let you all know how that goes. Ebay seller says they are interchangeable.....

...I've just ordered a virgin T1 to replace a T9 so I'll let you all know how that goes. Ebay seller says they are interchangeable.....

So, virgin T1 fitted. Engine works! May be a bit rougher, idles at 700 rather than 800rpm. Pedal seems to be not fully learned, as 5% throttle seems to drop the revs, or it wanders about. Full throttle seems ok.

Also getting a U1702 code (CAN bus between ECU and power steering?) but PS seems ok, CITY mode does make a change. Something feels odd but maybe the Greenflag tow has pulled tracking out.

just realised that the new ECU doesn't have the remap on it, so it's probably struggling at times with the BMC airbox and catback. Will clean D4 to see if the power steering fault clears

just realised that the new ECU doesn't have the remap on it, so it's probably struggling at times with the BMC airbox and catback. Will clean D4 to see if the power steering fault clears

The adaptive parameters of the ECU should cope with the fact that it is potentially flowing more air, albeit without the remap you are not likely to be able to take full advantage of any performance gains. The engine should still be able to run relatively normal. If anything i'd expect potential flat spots and bogging off the line with open air filter.

The big risk with any of the K&N, BMC etc etc foam oiled filters is that the oil on them tends to kill MAF meters. It contaminates the heating element on the MAF and tends to knacker them. You can clean them but typically once it starts failing you'll never manage to bring it back.

Big open air filters tend to be a bit of a throw back from carbs where you could get away with throwing a big filter on, whack some bigger jets in or a bigger carb and gain a bunch of ponies. Modern cars with all of their sensors, measurements and parameters for strict emissions purposes tend to be much more difficult to work with.

I had a "loose connection" appear today. Then engine light and P6060 (or P0606?) which was ECU failure or something. I'd just arrived at Maplins to get some switch cleaner though, so that was good :).

Cleaned D4 and cleared the faults, has been back to "normal" since (still got U1702 code).

The main issue is at 5% throttle, the revs go up, then almost stalls at 500 ish, then back up etc etc. If I'm doing a maneuvre like inching in traffic, or reversing, or pulling gently away, it has a tendency to stall (500 rpm plus load I guess).

I'm wondering if my pedal pot traces are bad, but I haven't yet seen how to get that info from the OBD2. Can anyone help? I have ELM327 1.5, and either Android app or FiatEcuScan on laptop.

The big risk with any of the K&N, BMC etc etc foam oiled filters is that the oil on them tends to kill MAF meters. .....

Just wondering, everything I've looked at tells me the 1.6 doesn't use a MAF?

Is this correct?

Had a bad coil (#4) and replacing that has solved the cold-full-throttle issue, but I still have the 5% throttle seeking issue which I'm thinking could be the T1 ECU not having the software update?

Back