General welcome

Currently reading:
General welcome

The first thing I bought were the wheels and then a set of genuine Fiat Fiorino mats.................. Then I bought the van!
Have you made any purchases of goodies for yours yet Paul.........!
Luigi

I've looked at and for a lot of things - not bought anything yet though the less-than-stealership-priced TomTom will be an early acquisition I think.
I do keep looking for alloys - there is a supplier who swamps ebay with compatible wheels but I think I'd rather find some genuine Fiat ones - preferably 15" to take the tyres that will come with the Fiorino and then I'll get some winter boots to put on the steels.

Mats would be good and I'd even wondered about the inners from a Qubo rear interior for over the wheel arches. Perhaps they would only go best with the rest of the internal panels? So that would leave a wood liner as an option - I see I could buy that as a kit (I have ordered a ladder bulkhead, not the full or half steel one). If I do that I would put insulation behind the panels, either rubbery matting stuck to the metalwork to reduce (or prevent) panels drumming or f/glass to keep the warmth in.

I did a bit of looking around for forums/chats on the Nemo/Bipper. I found one user warning of light-fingered scum popping locks - not describing in too much detail but the vandalism leaving a hole in the panel. I wonder if this might be access to a linkage that can be moved or lifted to overcome the deadlock solenoid?

Before I'd read that I did a Google search for additional security protection and found this slamlock (Thatcham rated) and this, 'Proplate' as a plate to beef up the area around the lock (stainless, sealant adhesive) although it doesn't seem to afford as much cover as the previous example.

It begs the question.. if you cover the van in secure locks and aftermarket padlocks, does it suggest you have stuff worth opening the doors to see?
It's SO annoying that people cannot regard something which isn't theirs, as fair game for breaking/opening/stealing/damaging in some way. How much does putting a good set of locks on make a tea-leaf move onto the next vehicle? Is it a visual deterrent or an indication there must be something good inside? Does a sticker saying 'nothing is left inside' carry any weight? You'd always put that on to make the baddies go elsewhere whether true or not!
Windows are good so they can see that you've emptied it fully.
Windows are bad because they can see if you have left anything inside.
I could fit window grilles. More expense.

Maybe I should park it in the kitchen.. :mad:

I'll wait and see but am tempted to get some good plates to cover the lock assembly, the plates with bolt-throughs to an inner plate are a great idea - it clamps the door steel and makes it really tough.

R-V-M

Last edited:
My van is a work van,but does not look like one,i believe that is a good deterant against the scum, sign writing a van is an advert in that could attract would be thieving b******s.
That ladder bulkhead is next to useless,get rid and buy a full steel one {vanguard}i cut a 3'' hole on the passenger side so could pass a full length of wast pipe through,removal of the ladder bulk head is straight forward,the only snag i found was that the bottom bolts have no heads on them,and leaves what looks like a large pop rivet but with mole grips undid no probs.
I haven't for got about the snap shots of the pda, time,daylight ect.........
The fiorino mats are good quality from fiat,but found some on ebay really cheap they are genuine fiat ones were still in bag with fiat label and part number on it,and feature fioino logo embroided on the edge {see my pics}
Luigi

What about a police sign?
Luigi

Where I plan to move is opposite the Cop Shop so they may have something to say about that! Perhaps I should park my van in their yard.. ..or theirs in mine..

I was planning on a vehicle wrap but one firm whose site I looked at say they prefer white or silver (i.e.light-coloured) vans and my thought of having a non-white van was to get away from the stereotypical colour since there is an alternative to white. Maybe if it's wrapped it doesn't make any difference anyway but in the times it's not, I preferred red.

The choice of a ladder bulkhead went with the addition of a folding pax seat for longer loads when I might need it (more rare than regular - roof rack might be better for temporary transport of lumber etc) The full-steel or windowed-steel is £70 and removing the (then unnecessary) folding seat is £70 so it's a no-cost swap.

Will I miss access to the rear from the front? Does a steel bulkhead restrict seat travel at all (I'm 6'3") or seat recline amount?

R-V-M

Back