Technical weekend rear suspension

Currently reading:
Technical weekend rear suspension

rubber buffers/bushes on my 1.9jtd have gone ; got new ones from morgan autoparts carmarthen; looking at the manual to drop the rear suspension requires removing fuel tank etc; is it possible to drop the suspension one side at a time enough to change the bushes without removing the tank etc?

I dunno about that. When I stripped the rear suspension of my last one, I dropped it to undo the big bolt that hold the drivers side rea arm on, but it wasn't difficult to do. And I didn't have to do
it for the passenger side.

partly dismantled nearside; does anyone know if the bushes between the chassis and the rigid rear axle go in from the top or the bottom? i need to prise the old ones out but not sure which way they come out; any advice much appreciated

Update: removed the spring easily by disconnecting the damper and the anti-roll bar; had to compress the spring slightly; managed to lower the rigid axle enough to remove the rubber bush that is just in front of the trailing arm; this had virtually disintegrated; the fuel tank prevents me dropping the axle enough to remove the other one but I was able to thoroughly inspect it and it seems ok; sadly the aftermarket bush is slightly different and seems a very tight fit and is a bit shorter; not sure what to do about this; with the spring out I am able to check for play in the trailing arm bearing; there is no sideways movement at all and vertical movement is smooth so am going to leave well alone

Back