wax on .... wax off

Currently reading:
wax on .... wax off

spent an age cleaning my car the other day, I scubbed the outside and waxed it, but when i wax it i noticed in the little paint chips on my car there was wax lodged in there. my car looked like it had measles as there were white spots all over it :cry:

Is there a wax like erm wax lol that i can use without my car suffering from acne. like a lacque polish or something,or is it a mr sheen job :p

Dear god don't use those ****ty "colour magic" they are just plain brutal to be honest :eek:

No offence to those who use them, but do you actually think the shine is respectable? I would not even use that cack on my wifes shopping trolly Micra (n)

If you are willing to spend time polishing then you will get much better results by using a decent wax, the cheaper the wax the more white residue it leaves behind, the difference with the colour matched ones is simpley that the residue is a similar colout to the cars paint, they also leave a greasy film on the paint, but I'm going off topic, the lowest end wax that I would use would be autoglym super resin polish or one which I found to work very well was turtle wax extreme polishing paste (its 5 years since I moved on from those to "real" waxes though).

If you want your car looking the best it can invest a little in the wax you use, I use meguairs yellow wax for normal polishing and Swissol onxy wax on the morning of a car show, the swissol is the more expensive of the two, but it shows in the deapth of the shine, and the fact that it lasts for up to a year (experimented on my wife's car) a year on the water still beads and runs off giving the car an almost self washing effect.

Both the swissol and meguiars are residue free carnuba waxes, so there is no white residue to get stuck along window rubbers / door seals or indeed in stone chips.

Back