General Wanted..water pump or parts

Currently reading:
General Wanted..water pump or parts

I've been temporarily (maybe) put off the idea of buying parts from abroad now that there is some doubt that the headline price I pay will be the final bill. There is now a risk that VAT and import duty, together with levies by delivery companies, will result in unknown charges.

So I'm wondering if anyone in the UK has any surplus, new or old water-pump parts for the hard-to-find, four-hole pump. My biggest problem is that the one I have has a damaged impeller, sealing surface, so simply fitting new carbon seals has not worked. I need a good impeller as a minimum, but I am interested in anything, between entire pump in any condition and a pile of parts that look like junk. :)

Hi

I sympathize with your concerns over importing parts.

Have you considered taking a good 3 bolt pump apart and fitting all the parts in your 4 bolt case.

Tim

Hi

The other alternative is get in touch with some of the normal regular retail parts companies that have been bringing things in normally as i guess the current changes will have less of an effect on the costs going through this route.

I could be wrong though.

Tim

Hi Again

I'm finding if its under £35.00 it doesn't get the duty/vat trigger and some things from private sellers dont get the hit either.

Tim

Have you considered taking a good 3 bolt pump apart and fitting all the parts in your 4 bolt case.

Tim, I tried and failed at that. I took apart a new 3-bolt pump; admittedly, not an original Fiat. But the impeller is a different design, which will not work in the chamber of the 4-hole. It has what appears to be a much cleverer design of water-seal. I did attempt to fit these later seals, one side of which would have been an ideal way to reface the impeller side. But this would put the very precise alignment of the shaft out of kilter.

In the UK I have to get a reconditioned one from Ricambio.......reconditioned where and by who and with which parts replaced?
Or I can get a new one from Italy at £400+.
So, what I have done is to take the risk on a full repair kit from Italy. It includes a new impeller and shaft, with all the circlips, seals, washers, nuts and "O"-rings. If this gets here without additional charges it will have been around £150. The pump body has cleaned up quite well and it should function like new after the rebuild.

Back