Vehicle Dynamic Control / ESP

Currently reading:
Vehicle Dynamic Control / ESP

Soepy

Hi there... I was just reading up on all the stuff my future Panda will be able to do, and read this:
Wikipedia said:
ESC also integrates all-speed traction control, which senses drive-wheel slip under acceleration and individually brakes the slipping wheel or wheels, and/or reduces excess engine power, until control is regained.

Does this mean that if one wheel is on, lets say, slippery ice, ESP/VDC will kick in and brake it, so all the power will go to the non-slipping wheel? That would be cool :slayer:

Can somebody confirm this, especially on the new Panda?

If your Fiat has esp (or vdc if it's an alfa romeo - same thing different name) this also includes asr (Anti-Slip Regulation) and msr (Motor Schleppmoment Regelung), and it works brilliantly in my stilo. (y)

Soepy said:
Hi there... I was just reading up on all the stuff my future Panda will be able to do, and read this:

Does this mean that if one wheel is on, lets say, slippery ice, ESP/VDC will kick in and brake it, so all the power will go to the non-slipping wheel? That would be cool :slayer:

Can somebody confirm this, especially on the new Panda?

If it has VDC it will have HH (hill holder) aswell,another useful feature & dont let anyone tell you otherwise!

T14086 said:
If it has VDC it will have HH (hill holder) aswell,another useful feature & dont let anyone tell you otherwise!

There is some difference with the hill holder. I think all Fiat models has it, except the Stilo (and i don't know why :confused: ).

And i believe it was first introduced with the Panda and the Punto IIb, around 2003.

Soepy said:
I think Santa means that the stilo has VDC but without the hill holder?

Yes, that's right. (y)
VDC and ESP are the same thing, but for some reason Fiat likes to call it VDC when it's in an Alfa and ESP when it's in a Fiat/Lancia.

But why they didn't include the hill holder in the esp/vdc on the stilo, i don't know.

santa said:
But why they didn't include the hill holder in the esp/vdc on the stilo, i don't know.
Because people that own a car with 6 gears probably know what they're doing ;)

Back