General value of a tempra for px??

Currently reading:
General value of a tempra for px??

my dad has a lovely 1.9 tempra but now hes possibly going to change it.

hes intrested in new panda or grande.

were going to take advantage of the scrappage as we have a old uno and tempra to hand in.

uno = 2 grand hehe

does anybody know how much approx we would or could get for the tempra if we part exchanged it aswell at arnold clark? i know sadly it aint worth much anymore judging by the prices on auto trader which is a shame as its been a fantastic car.but if we go ahead with it, im just wondering how much realisticaly we could budge for to trade it in.we dont really want to sell it privately as it is too much hassle.
thanks

Tempra values are on the floor, I regularly see nice ones going for £2-500.

Dealers will offer up to £1000, based on the value of the car your PXing against, they arent really giving you anything for your car, just going into the buffered profit margin of the car their selling.

The PX either ends up scrapped or auctioned off for peanuts.

However, these days the cars dealers are selling have next to no profit, so most dealers will say they wouldnt take it or the few that do will offer you £100-200.

Basically, you dont get anything for nothing, if they are offering £1000 for something worth £200 you have to ask yourself, how much profit is being loaded on the car your buying...

I remember using the word 'lovely' in front of 'Fiat Tipo DGT' when I had my first Tipo up for sale back in 1997 - I've regretted getting rid of that car to this day - hope you don't regret selling your lovely Tempra! There aren't all that many left and it's a bit of a modern classic already.

Back