General Uno - water in the footwell

Currently reading:
General Uno - water in the footwell

I'm baffled.

My Uno is currently off the road. I start it every night and run it up to temperature.

Recently I've noticed that there is water in the drivers footwell. I've had the seats and carpet out and the body and floor is solid, so it's not getting in through a crack or hole. The heater matrix is disconnected in the engine bay, so it's not that.

It's not being driven in the wet, so water can't get in that way. It is on the drive and water is getting in somehow.

Are there any drainage points I'm missing? Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.

<h5>Click here for pictures of my Uno
Click here for pictures of my Brava

i'd check the seal around the door, if the car isn't going anywhere, then it must be rain getting in somewhere...

- - Donz - -

yeah check the rubber seal cos my is falling off and if its been raining wen i open to door a lot of water ends up on my seat and geting my bottom wet!

gotta love the uno's

i suppose ull just have to check everywhere for holes.. check the rubber on the rear windows. Mine leak in heavy rain slightly (or when im powerwashing it) cause they dont close tight enough. worth a check

Uno "Fire" 999cc
Lowered 40mm Uprated Gmax shock & Spring system
Fox Evo3 15" Alloy Wheels
3" Rage Backbox
Corbeau Clubmans
E-Tech hatch Spoiler
2x 450W 12" Custom Built Bass Box
800W 6x9s
300W & 500W Amps

Click here for photos

Only thing i can offer has already been tried. I had a slight leak in heavy rain from the seal around the door. Fixed by just opening it out a little with my fingers. In worse case water could get in on the edge of the door and be channeled down to the footwell.

SOrry can't help more. I only offered sunroof idea as some seem to have a pipe leading down in that direction and they often get blocked.

Best of luck finding out the problem. My girlfriends Rover 100 has a leak in the footwell (passenger) so if you think the fix will be relevant to that I would appriciate any info.

Rgds
Paul

in an attempt to find where it is coming from, you could dry it out, then put newspaper down, give it 30mins of rain and go see where is wet....

- - Donz - -

i had the same prob....it turned out the door was slightly bent out at the top so it wasnt makein a good enough seal....i bent it back :)

Leaves and silt blocking the drain pipe for air intake for the heater - check this first.
Sun roof seal silted up.
Once the self draining windscreen seal failed (had to put sealant all around it) amazing how much water came in.

Also check that the rubber seal around the top of the door is all the way round. Mine was slightly out of place, and letting in water, just had to pull it into place.

Cheers

Matt

Back