Technical Uno turbo shocks and springs

Currently reading:
Technical Uno turbo shocks and springs

luigi1992

hi guys i have a 60s mk2 uno and was wondering if the uno turbo springs and shocks will bolt straight in and if so are they any lower/stiffer? i have 195/50/15s atm and am getting a considerable amount of guard rub.... need to sort it out before tyres go BANG!!!

Since the UNO Turbo is considerably heavier than the other models it´s
springs will be way off the optimum for any other UNO models.
Just forget about it.
Shocks will work but stiffen the ride.

Johorridoh is spot on in his answer. Go and get some lowering springs for the 1108, Only these will lower. On the other hand, be prepared for a life of rub, as 15 inch wheels are rubbing almost every time you hit a pothole.

I am after a stiffer ride? happy to loose a bit of comfort if it'll stiffen things up. so are the springs same diameter? talking to couple of lowering shops in new zealand they can only find lowering springs for Uno Turbos. If they're same diameter ill give them a try and see how it goes.

Don't do it. Almost all the extra weight of a Uno Turbo, compared to non-Turbo Unos, is at the front. So spring requirements are totally different; results would be unpredictable in understeer/oversteer.

ok cheers guys will just have a nosey on ebay and things see what can be found :D

Back