General Uno turbo mk1 boost help needed asap please

Currently reading:
General Uno turbo mk1 boost help needed asap please

Rob-mint-mk1-uno

Mighty v6 power
Hello

Gonna buy a bleed valve but im not sure whats wat.

I got a mk1 uno turbo and i dont know weather i need a boost control kit or a bleed valve i want to up the boost to 1 bar so which one do i need.
heres a link where im gonna buy it from, i was gonna but the R-Spec Highly Polished In Car Boost Controller is this the right one for the car..
Help needed as im lost..
http://www.rspec.co.uk/page14.htm

That will do the job, its basicly a bleed valve just might be better at holding boost.

Stay away from bleed valves mate!

Just a **** was of increasing boost

Look at adjustable actuators, much safer

Biz said:
Stay away from bleed valves mate!

Just a **** was of increasing boost

Look at adjustable actuators, much safer

A few people said on here that its ok to run a bleed valve up to and no more than one bar... is this true:confused:

Fitted a bleed valve today :) all is good how ever wheni pull through the gears it reaches just under 1 bar - perfect, but when i hit hills in 4th gear it seams to just pull over 1 bar which i dont think is good for a stock engine.
What shall i do lads
(y)

antsuno2 said:
hi rob what valve have you bought

Dunno mate came off my mates uno, just a gold bleed valve with a pipe in and pipe out like all others, dunc said its boost spike - why people dont like bleed valves.. :eek:

not if it's around or under 1 BAR. Should be fine.

I know lots of people who've successfully fitted bleed valves and run them OK at 1 BAR.

If you're running more, you're generally advised to have an acutator or boost controller... but there ya go.

hi i,ve already got a brass one but never fitted it as the clutch started slipping, and they are a bit old school, everyone reckons, mk1 kid and steve say a boost controller dawes device something, looking on ebay theres loads to choose from , i want to put mine as a cig lighter under the flap on mk2s (hidden) and i think i've come to the decision its the forge one, looks like it will fit a treat! and adjustable from the cockpit, also considering the 2 stage electronic one, COME ON LADS WHICH IS THE BEST!!!

antsuno2 said:
hi i,ve already got a brass one but never fitted it as the clutch started slipping, and they are a bit old school, everyone reckons, mk1 kid and steve say a boost controller dawes device something, looking on ebay theres loads to choose from , i want to put mine as a cig lighter under the flap on mk2s (hidden) and i think i've come to the decision its the forge one, looks like it will fit a treat! and adjustable from the cockpit, also considering the 2 stage electronic one, COME ON LADS WHICH IS THE BEST!!!

Found out what it was, had the fuel light on and as i drove up the hill all the fuel ran back. i put some in it and took her out earlier - wucking flies, well impressed with just 1 bar might need a clutch thou mines smelling like bunt fish and giving a little slip.. :bang: :bang: :bang:

antsuno2 said:
I've just bought my clutch off ebay, buy it now for 140 i paid 80 its a heavy duty organic one, my mate has fitted a few too RST's and says there good TECHNICLUTCH

Yeah i saw them.... let me know if ur one is ok when its fitted, cus i gotta take the engine out when i get sprayed over x mas so it will be a good chance to fit a good clutch... :cool:

I will do pal, ive also sent my spare flywheel off originaly to get it refaced as the clutch has been slipping for a while and probably knackered my original one in the car at the mo, i want to fit and forget, whilst i was talking to him lightening and balancing came up he he! and no probs was the reply, so left it in his capable hands, he does all the machining for stratstones (FERRARI PORSCHE ETC) and only 50 notes, go on! bring on the BOOST!!!!!! WHOOOOOTSHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

antsuno2 said:
I will do pal, ive also sent my spare flywheel off originaly to get it refaced as the clutch has been slipping for a while and probably knackered my original one in the car at the mo, i want to fit and forget, whilst i was talking to him lightening and balancing came up he he! and no probs was the reply, so left it in his capable hands, he does all the machining for stratstones (FERRARI PORSCHE ETC) and only 50 notes, go on! bring on the BOOST!!!!!! WHOOOOOTSHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a spare fly wheel i was kind thinking of doing the same, got a chap who does them behind my work, ill get a quote tomoz.... good luck with urs (y)

Back