Technical Uno Turbo Boost

Currently reading:
Technical Uno Turbo Boost

Hi all,

My 1.4 uno turbo has a standard stock engine (except from an Avanti ported and polished head) it also has a bleed valve. I don't seem to be able to get the boost running right :bang: with a small tweak on the boost valve I'm running above 1 bar of boost (Standard Uno turbo gauge only goes to 1 bar, so it could be more) so i'm driving around with my eyes constantly monitoring the boost level so I don't go damaging my engine... I need to ditchen this crude bleed valve system that I have and buy something that I can play with whilst I'm sat inside the car :D It is expensive but at least I have proper control over what is going on, and should something go wrong with the boost system, i'll be able to see it on my gauge before I go melting a piston ring (or worse)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HDI-Super...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35ad9fd33a

What do you think? (y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
After driving a 380 mile round trip in my uno turbo this week end I've decided that I really need one of these... :D I'm ordering one next month, i'll let everyone know how I get on with it.

I remember that setting my bleed valve (which is a spring-loaded ball tensioned by a thumbscrew) was also a trial-and-error process, with the aim being to allow boost no greater than 1bar on the gauge. I bought a separate 'real' gauge (said to be more accurate) but have never got around to fitting it.

-Alex

Ok so i've acutally gone all out on this and I've managed to get my hands on a Apexi AVC-R :D at a really good price... However, I'm finding it hard to get a 1.4 Uno Turbo ECU pin out diagram :bang: this is gonna play an improtant part in patching this piece of equipment in to my car so I can get most of the features working on it.

Does anyone have one of these they could share with me? If you could add a link on this thread i'd be greatful (y)

Thanks for you help,

Clive.

Back