Technical Uno Turbo 1.8 conversion.

Currently reading:
Technical Uno Turbo 1.8 conversion.

Toilet Duck

Good day everyone.
I trust and hope everyone is well.
I plan to stick a 1.8 8v twin cam fuel injected fiat/lancia Fiat 124 Coupe Spider 132 Tipo Tempra, Lancia Beta Delta Prisma engine into a uno turbo.
From first glance it seems like the UT gearbox can bolt onto that block. Does anyone know if this is true? Which flywheel would I have to use? Is there anything I have looked past? I have placed a lancia delta head gasket onto the block and it fits perfectly.

Your help and assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Heard of people that have put the FIAT/Lancia twin cam engine in to an X1/9 which originally uses the same SOHC Lampredi engine as the U/T
So I would guess the gearbox of an U/T would mate up to a twincam block???

Might be worth asking in the X1/9 section of this forum about twincam transplants to get more knowledge . . .

The UT gearbox won't fit the TC block.

The Strada and Delta TC engined cars, and I think the Tipo/Alfa 155 used a Strada box with a slightly stretched bellhousing, making the whole power unit about 30 mm longer than both the original SOHC power unit and the Beta power unit (despite its much beefier box). It makes them a sod to fit in the X1/9, UT should be a bit roomier.

Cheers R

It can be done but I think you need to buy a conversion kit as it's not quite a straight swap. As Joolz says, some in the X19 section have fitted Lancia twin cams so check in there as similar principles apply. I also know that someone on the Turbocollective Uno site (www.turbocollective.net) has fitted the 1.6 Delta turbo engine into a Uno so it might be worth asking in there.

Here's a video of the 1.6 Delta turbo engined Uno on the track@

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/4648739"]fiat uno turbo on track at donny, delta engine on Vimeo[/ame]

And here's a link to the thread on TC:

http://turbocollective.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1908

thank you all for your great assistance. It is great to be part of a community like this. I really appreciate it!. A chap here in South Africa has managed to run an uno turbo 1400 at 11.8 for the 1/4 mile! Unbelievable!

Back