General Uno Model

Currently reading:
General Uno Model

Emm

Fiat Addict
Howdee

was wondering if anyone can help me in my search for a Uno model car, any colour, any type, would like one for our ickle ones nursery :)

Do they exsist? Have you any pics of yours? any contacts of where to purchase one?

Any help in my search much appreciated

regards
Emma :)

Try ebay, they do exist, I think I've seen em in rally colours, too, but are small (like 1:24 or 1:40 or something) and rare.

Yup, they do exist. Most are made by a company called 'Burago', and seem to come in two sizes - 1/23rd and 1/43rd (these are guesses!) Mostly three door model mk1's, though I have seen 5 door models. Don't recall seeing any mk2 Unos?

They seem to be in plain red, red with rally decals, an "Italia '90" World Cup model (white with footy stickers on it), possibly another special edition that I completely forget what it was and that's about it. I'm sure I've seen a black five door model for sale as well. I think all variations come in both sizes, but only the big models have opening side doors and a working steering wheel that turns the front wheels.

I have three models! A big plain red model, a big red rally model and a small red rally model. All were bought off Ebay for a few pounds each. Very appropriate that I drive a red three door mk1 Uno and all my models are red three door mk1 Unos :cool:

Here's a pic of the big red Uno being guarded by our late Jack Russell terrier Scampi.

Scampi_Uno.JPG

Edit: And found a picture of all three model Unos!

Uno_Models_Compact.JPG

Last edited:
ooh thankyou for the replys :)
and what a lovely photo!!

ive searched the bay and there doesnt appear to be any listed atm, but i will keep checking!

thanks again
Emma

ooh i do like the one without the decals, Louie would love that for the ickle one!! im gonna keep my eyes peeled for one like that :cool:

They do come up from time to time on Ebay, you just need to keep your eyes open for them! They don't normally go for that much either unless they're boxed and immaculate.

The bigger models are quite well made too, with good attention to detail (y)

And just a thought, but in case you really wanted one in a colour to match your/ Louie's car they come apart easily. Get a spray can of the correct colour and respray the shell to match the one you have (y)

I'm lucky they already came in the right colour to match mine :D

Real_Uno_Model_Uno.JPG

Last edited:
1986Uno45S said:
They do come up from time to time on Ebay, you just need to keep your eyes open for them! They don't normally go for that much either unless they're boxed and immaculate.

The bigger models are quite well made too, with good attention to detail (y)

And just a thought, but in case you really wanted one in a colour to match your/ Louie's car they come apart easily. Get a spray can of the correct colour and respray the shell to match the one you have (y)

I'm lucky they already came in the right colour to match mine :D

fab pic! very clever!! :D

good thinkin bout the spraying of one although louie bee has a red un like you too! :cool: but i could have a very colourful collection of them :chin:

1986Uno45S said:
I'm lucky they already came in the right colour to match mine

What a charming photo Chas...
Maybe if you un-shine the wheels and give a few random grey splodges to the bumper ;) Also it's a pity that the full-size Uno didn't come with a die-cast bodyshell, though I suppose it would be heavier and prone to cracks.

There's a TV Ad on at the moment for 'Vodafone Best Mate', and I was immediately reminded of its hand-held tiny people. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4_XRq67CbI

-Alex

Last edited:
Back