Styling Uno Mk2 Lowering

Currently reading:
Styling Uno Mk2 Lowering

spacepig_uk

Hello, i have a mk2 uno and I'm thinking about lowering it.

Its on Mk2 turbo alloys.

Im thinking 60mm spring at the moment and saving up for some proper avo's.

Is 60mm too low? would 35/40mm be more suitable?

Cheers
Anna

Hello, i have a mk2 uno and I'm thinking about lowering it.

Its on Mk2 turbo alloys.

Im thinking 60mm spring at the moment and saving up for some proper avo's.

Is 60mm too low? would 35/40mm be more suitable?

Cheers
Anna

If it's a track day weapon then drop 60mm. If you're going to use it every day on British roads then stick with a 35/ 40mm drop unless you want your fillings falling out every time you encounter a pot hole - which would be like every 100 metres on UK roads... ;)

Sorry to state the obvious but I guess it will depend on the compromise between suspension compliance/tolerance of bumps, load-ability (do you carry people in the back?), and reduced roll/good looks...

I reckon you can lower the Turbo by 40mm and people won't even think it has been lowered - it just looks 'right'.

However the standard suspension was probably designed to be a careful compromise - if FIAT could have got away with fitting short springs, I'm sure they would have...

If you find the standard ride not very nice anyway (as I did) then you might as well ruin it a bit more :) But personally I wouldn't want any more lowering than the 40-50mm that I got. It's too easy to scrape the front bumper going into driveways and the back end bottoms out when people get in (not that that's very often for me).

EDIT: I therefore agree with 1986Uno45S/Chas :)

-Alex

Last edited:
Cheers for the quick replys (y)

no i don't carry people in the back so i think i could get away with 60mm as you never get 60mm out maybe 50-55mm.

Its on 45 profile's so has a huge gap to the arch thats why im thinking 60.

What make of springs would you suggest? at the moment im looking to spend around £70-80.

Cheers
Anna

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Not sure who to recommend, though you do generally get what you pay for. A quality make like Koni will give you a well made rising rate spring with proper seating for the top and bottom of each coil. Some of the cheaper springs have no seating at all, just the end of the coil sticking down :eek:

Here's a link to what's available on Ebay:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sea...d=m37&satitle=uno+lowering+springs&category0=

Yeah ive been looking on ebay and the Gmex or the Pi ones.
Though i haven't heard of Gmex.

Im only running them for 2-3 months until i get some avo's so i might go for the cheapest ones, i am just a bit concerned of how they will hold up . . . :)

The 60/40 sound like a good option, f60 r40!

Cheers
Anna

With the front on -60 drop and rear on -40 drop do you need to replace the dampers? I know you can get away with -40 drop with standard dampers but what about the fronts with -60?

Cheers
Dan

Back