General uno lowering springs

Currently reading:
General uno lowering springs

Wasn't it one of your turbos that had the springs cut and was dragging its belly along the ground Mark?

Chas, it was simpler than that - it didn't have any rear springs at all! Quick way to lower it!

I bought an Uno once with cut front springs. It looked really low and on closer examination one spring had fallen off, was dangling around the tyre. I jacked the car back up and put the spring on with a cable tie. It made it back to my place, but I don't recommend trying to cut the springs...

-Alex

The cheapest I've seen from a direct supplier, rather than ebay is from http://www.europerformanceparts.co.uk.

If you take a look at the AVO springs for the Uno, they're coming up around the late £60's.

You can get away with running on bump stops at the rear, and short springs at the front, but the ride will be ultra hard and rattly.

I wouldn't recommend this, for two reasons. Firstly you run the risk of warping the chassis, (hit a bump hard enough with no rear spings and *crack*), secondly the rear brake compensator will be way out at this height.

:)

eBay, i got mine off their for £55
sach shocks and Jamexx springs in their packaging, the rears were brand new and the front were only used for about 10 miles.
I've only fitted the springs due to my current shocks are ok so wil replace at later date.
Sits nice and low now. Took a while to put in fronts though.
but yeah best bet is eBay if your looking
gav

Also, don't forget to check your rear top mounts on the shock absorbers, particularly if your fitting stiffer shocks at the same time as replacing your springs.

The rubber mount has a tendency to fail, which leads to the shock piston pushing through. :)

Back