Technical Uno engine swap

Currently reading:
Technical Uno engine swap

StepStan

I need info on what engines will fit into my 1100 1997 Uno that has sump compression and using oilNice body still..I bought it on internet without seeing two years ago and instead of 140000kms it has gone over the clock.I had two before and they were great cars.My experience with rebuilds are that its hard to find decent workmanship around my area so a scrapyard engine from another fiat is what i'm thinking.Want to keep the carburettor fuel system.Im a pensioner and funds are limited.Any ideas.

I think unless you can find a guaranteed good replacement/exchange then you may be better off getting your current engine reconditioned/rebuilt. That way everything you already have, carb, belts, pulley, generator etc. will all be the same.

Those Uno 1100 and 1298 and 1301 engines a pretty rock solid units, many many millions used in Fiats, Ladas, etc. so parts and experience should not be an issue.

If your 1100 has served you well and would be happy to keep with it then get it fixed.

I think unless you can find a guaranteed good replacement/exchange then you may be better off getting your current engine reconditioned/rebuilt. That way everything you already have, carb, belts, pulley, generator etc. will all be the same.

Those Uno 1100 and 1298 and 1301 engines a pretty rock solid units, many many millions used in Fiats, Ladas, etc. so parts and experience should not be an issue.

If your 1100 has served you well and would be happy to keep with it then get it fixed.
Thanks for reply. I'm new on this forum.Only realized afterwards what a common question/problem this is.Yes I had excellent service out of two previous Unos and with this kind of kilometres on the clock this one must have served someone very well.All looks stock standard.Will probably go the rebuild way and try doing most of the stripping/ labour myself.Cheers

Back