General Uno 70 specs?

Currently reading:
General Uno 70 specs?

Hi
I found an uno 70 at the scrappy today and i was wondering what the specs are,Is it 70bhp or does the 70 mean something else,Is the engine the old 1300 out of the 127 gt?And finally it seemed to have a carb and a catalyser is that right?
Cheers
Adrian

Hi Adrian,

The early Uno 70 has a 1299 or 1301 (65 BHP). The Later has the 1372 (72 BHP) as listed here http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/s...odel_id=217&fueltype=&months=&spare1=&spare2=

If you saw a catalyser, it will be the MK2 1372, with SPI. The Speedo pod (with tachometer), arch and sill protection (If fitted) are quite sort after ;). The throttle body looks similar to a carburettor IIR. If it has a choke, you shouldn’t have seen a cat :).

They are in the same family as the 1116. I’m not exactly sure if it was in the 127 gt, it’s highly likely. The engine wasn’t exclusive to the Uno. If the 1301 fits, the 1372 should also fit (y).

Regards,

engine in 1300GT 127 was from the "brazillian" family and is a bigger version of the 1050cc engine so is not the same as the 128 family. the head on 127GT was the opposite way round to the 128:)

Louie Bee said:
If you saw a catalyser, it will be the MK2 1372, with SPI. The Speedo pod (with tachometer),

Hi
Thanks for the replys,The car doesnt have a rev counter i checked this morning,Maybe it wasnt a cat just the front silencer?(but it did look like a cat)
Cheers
Adrian

Hi
Also the car is 3 door in a really nice metallic blue,cant find any rust in the normal uno places(rear arches,floor etc)So i`m assuming it`s a mk2?
Cheers
Adrian

AIJ29 said:
Hi
Also the car is 3 door in a really nice metallic blue,cant find any rust in the normal uno places(rear arches,floor etc)So i`m assuming it`s a mk2?
Cheers
Adrian

Give us a picture ;) should be able to tell from the body shape as to what era it's from. There are some good pics of both shapes here: http://www.carsfromitaly.com/fiat/index.html (click on "Models" then "Uno") -- the front grille is the easiest way of telling what version it is. (First 4 pics on the page are mk1, next 2 are mk2)

Bushboy said:
You didnt get Uno 70s over here in 3 door..
Hmm – I think there were some very early 3 door MK1 Uno 70’s. There is a 3 door MK2 Uno 70, IIR it’s bagged 1.4 IE. They are quite rare, as I’ve only seen 2 for sale, and both were K reg in Met. blue.

AIJ29 said:
The car doesnt have a rev counter...
Sorry – that’s me getting the trim level mixed up :eek:. The 70SX / 1.4 IESX has the tachometer, and sometimes the sill and arch protectors. It’s only in 5 door.

The 70S / 1.4 IE S wouldn’t have these options as standard.

AIJ29 said:
Cheers
Adrian
Easiest way to tell is the front grill. (EDIT: as Tony says)

MK1 Grill
6957UT_red.jpg

MK2 Grill
6957Bay.jpg

Regards,

Last edited:
Hi
It`s deffo a mk2 going by the grille,
It`s deffo a 70 as well as the badges on the wings look original,I thought it was a bit different than the other uno`s i see around,I might go to the scrappy tomorrow if i do i`ll take some piccies,I cant believehow well undersealed the floor is,It looks mint(y)
Cheers
Adrian
p.sdoes this model have much tuning and handling potential?

Louie Bee said:
Hmm – I think there were some very early 3 door MK1 Uno 70’s. There is a 3 door MK2 Uno 70, IIR it’s bagged 1.4 IE. They are quite rare, as I’ve only seen 2 for sale, and both were K reg in Met. blue

Hi
It sounds like that model not sure what year as the scrappys remove the number plates but judging by the condition i would imagine it`s a late one also the 70 badges are on the front wings(same place as the punto 55`s etc)Havent looked at the tail gate badges as the tailgates open
Cheers
Adrian

AIJ29 said:
Hi
It`s deffo a mk2 going by the grille,
It`s deffo a 70 as well as the badges on the wings look original,I thought it was a bit different than the other uno`s i see around,I might go to the scrappy tomorrow if i do i`ll take some piccies,I cant believehow well undersealed the floor is,It looks mint(y)
Cheers
Adrian
p.sdoes this model have much tuning and handling potential?
yes, very tunable. fast road engines make 130bhp(y)

Back